Country HR Officer Germany
We are working exclusively with one of the world’s most prestigious American investment banks. They are currently searching for a new Country HR Officer to lead their German business during the next phase of their evolution in the country.
This role will collaborate with HR colleagues to focus on providing HR advice to multiple client groups within a heavily matrixed organization environment and multiple lines of business. The incumbent will work with stakeholders across the globe, and partner with corporate colleagues to develop strategic initiatives, design organizational and people plans and ensure the successful implementation.
- Active member of the Country Leadership team advising client groups within the organization, including advice on, managing talent (assessment, development and redeployment), compensation processes, organization effectiveness (change management, leader effectiveness, performance management, coaching, organization design), employee engagement and change management
- Appropriately assessing risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation
- Building strong partnerships across the HR community to ensure appropriate time and focus is given to Germany from all central resources to ensure efficient delivery to the business and the local HR team
- Leading a team of matrix professionals within HR and HRSS to ensure a healthy working environment
- Applying in-depth understanding of local regulations that impact on HR policies and product delivery including but not limited to GDPR/ Data Privacy regulations.
- Managing control over resources, policy formulation and implementationincluding a focus on risk and controls in all HR function related products and services.
- Fostering a strong relationship with Works Council
- Renewing the focus on in-Country governance to ensure it is up-to-date, addressed and understood
- Ensuring alignment with regulatory expectations, particularly in the areas of conduct, ethics and remuneration/governance.
- Contribute to the continuous development of the Europe HR community by sharing knowledge and information, keeping on top of HR trends and best practices, acting as a role model on professional integrity and leadership.
- HR experience, preferably in a complex/matrix organization
- Strong experience of HR governance within a heavily regulated environment
- Experience of operating in a complex collective employee relations environment
- Proficiency in German employment law as well as awareness of EU employment regulations
- Excellent People Manager with a track record of delivering results in a matrixed environment, including coaching and inspiring a team of professionals
- Experienced in stakeholder management
- Experience in working in a large global corporate environment
- Language skills: German native or comparable with excellent level of English (written and spoken)
- (Further) Education in German employment law an asset
- Experience in a broad range of HR areas; operating within a complex employee relations climate
The SR Group (Germany) GmbH is acting as an external recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.