£90000 - £130000 per annum + 25 days holiday
4 months ago
DIRECTOR OF PEOPLE UK - £90,000 - £130,000 - Hybrid Working - London
Are you a People Director or Head of People, ready to branch off from the norm and step into something a little different and exciting?!
Why not join Europe's most talked about and fastest growing tech startups?! Having grown to over 2000 employees in the UK (12000 worldwide) over the last 18 months, all eyes are on this unicorn, set to become the next BIG THING!
This role is right for you if..
- You love the hustle and bustle of a busy, fast paced environment
- You have worked with a variety of business functions from corporate right through to warehouse/ logistics
- You don't mind a bit of 'organised' start-up chaos
- You see the absolute potential of being part of a young company in the midst of growth in which you'll experience a steep learning curve from day one and the opportunity to shape the future of the organisation.
- You'll be heading up an unbelievably motivated HR team of 15 in the UK, who all love working within a pacey, global business bringing true digital disruption to the supermarket space.
About The Opportunity
We are currently looking for a Director Head of People UK to partner with the Leadership Team in the UK to build out strategic growth and development of this area by mapping complex organizational and people-related strategy and execution.
In This Role, You Will
- Lead the People Team UK (People Operations, People Partners, and People Advisors) and create a people-related strategy and execution
- Report to the Global VP of People to align business and HR strategies for the UK
- Responsible for the Warehouse employees and Riders. Current HC of around 1700 employees
- Working closely together with Global People Partners and COE's to align global strategies and implement them locally in the countries
- Working together with the Unions to negotiate CLA's (if applicable in the country)
- Collaborating with the local Works Councils
- Closely working with the Country General Manager and the regional management team and support them with their people priorities
- Partner with our in-house People Technology team to ensure we have accuracy in HR data across the UK
- Support and participate in projects to implement the new HRIS landscape
- Manage a cross-functional people team and provide leadership support when required
- Govern a performance-driven culture. Contribute to employer branding efforts to support the attraction of top global talent
- Help team members find their growth path within the company and envision their career progression working with the Global People Partner team
- Champion our mission, vision & values, both inside and outside the organization
- Good understanding of HR trends and innovations
- Shaping, defining, and improving our company People processes towards process excellence
What We Expect From You
- Experience in a high demanding start-up, scale-up environment
- Experience with managing a large hourly workforce
- Experience with setting up the HR function in a country from scratch
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Collaboration and ability to work in a matrix organization
- Strong leadership skills and a minimum of 5 years of experience managing a team
- Strong process improvement skills and knows what good looks like
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong project management skills
- Strong business acumen and detailed knowledge and understanding of P&L's
- Change management
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.