Frazer Jones is delighted to be partnering with a highly regarded Professional Services firm to support them in their recruitment of an Employee Relations Manager based in Bristol.
Leading an ER team of three and being part of the wider HR function, this is a great opportunity for an ER specialist who is commercial in their thinking, has exceptional knowledge across Employee Relations, can work with the business to ensure early intervention and resolution and is experienced and capable of handling complex cases. Reporting into the Head of People Partnering this role has exposure across the organisation and plays a major part in the overall people strategy.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading a team of ER advisors, ensuring cases and queries are dealt with effectively and responded to within a reasonable timeframe
- Be the subject matter expert when it comes to ER, leading the team in best practice, case law and in line with current legislation
- Coaching and upskilling of managers in all ER case work, improving performance and productivity,
- Acting as an escalation point for complex and high risk cases as well as change programs.
- Be proactive in the use of the case management system to ensure accurate and up to date records.
- Work closely with HRBP’s and key stakeholders on various cases, ensuring effective management and possible prevention strategies.
- Pro actively analyze and manager ER data, highlighting recurring or significant trends
- Keep up to date and informed of all current employment law, ensuring any changes are reflected in the company policy.
You will have demonstrable evidence of working within an Employee Relations focused role ideally within Professional, Financial Services or a similar head office environment. You will have proven success of managing complex end to end employee relations cases as well as having solid knowledge of key ER processes which include, grievance, disciplinary, appeals, redundancy, performance management, whistle blowing, contract terminations, absence management, long term sick, managing health conditions, family leave, conflict resolution and changes to terms and conditions.
You will be a strong people manager who can lead, develop and coach your team to success. You will be resilient in your approach with a commercial mindset and able to evaluate and mitigate risk. Your expertise and knowledge within employment law and UK employment legislation will be of real interest to my client along with your ability to engage, coach and influence your stakeholders.
If you are looking for your next Employee Relations role, want to lead a highly successful team and be part of an international business, please get in touch for more information. This position is Bristol based with hybrid working.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.