ER Specialist – Investment Banking
We have a current opportunity for a ER Specialist on a permanent basis. The position will be based in London.
- You will provide Employee Relations advice and support to Managers, Employees and HR Business Partners on a wide variety of Employee Relations issues; utilizing the appropriate approach/methodology to identify associated risks with actions/decisions that will enable the business to make an informed decisions. Alongside the ER Team Lead you will assist in the development and maintenance of ER template documents and policies that meet the requirements of Human Resources. You will also work with the ER Team Lead to create an efficient Employee Relations model.
You will be required to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Provide advice, guidance, support & information to people managers / leaders and HR Business Partners / HR Advisors, to assist in resolving a wide range of Employee Relations issues in the UK including investigations, disciplinaries, redundancies, grievances, appeals, and dismissals; identify options to resolve cases & outline associated people and reputational risks; provide advice on risks and impact associated with business decisions from an ER perspective
- Collaborate with ER Team Lead and HR Business Partners to identify improvements in case management and HR policies
- Under the guidance of the ER Team Lead handles terminations (dismissals, redundancies) escalating as necessary and protecting the Bank’s interests whilst adopting a fair and best practice approach
- Provide interpretation & guidance to delivery of the firm’s Workplace programs, policies, & procedures, recommending updates & enhancements
- Advise managers on potential implications of non-standard wording in offer letters: provide appropriate wording in line with the firms policies and related legislation
- Build & maintain strong relationships with Business Groups, HR Business Partners, the firm HR & Employee Relations
- Build & maintain strong external network within ER communities
- Keep up to date on changes to employment law, assessing impact on the firm’s policies & practices
- Alongside ER Team Lead conduct regular reviews of workplace policies and template documents and adapt them to reflect best practice and current employment legislation. Create and maintain new template documents that meet the requirements of Human Resources
- Assist in development of Employee Relations learning tools for managers and assist in the provision of “Lunch and Learn” and other training
- Analyse MI information on turnover, absence, employee survey etc. and assist in providing narrative on trends
What do you need to succeed?
- Sound knowledge of UK employment law and practices developed through experience in Employee Relations
- Risk assessment capabilities regarding employment situations
- Well-developed verbal & written communication skills
- Proven experience in ER investigations, issues resolution (e.g. Terminations, Severance, Disciplinary, Restructures etc.)
- Project management skills
For further information about this position please apply.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.