Global Director Performance & Reward
The purpose of the role is to develop a culture of performance and accountability by developing and implementing frameworks and programs within the areas of:
- Strategic global Reward and Recognition programs, this includes incentive frameworks, job evaluation and salary structures.
- Leads on performance management creating greater accountability in the organization and connected to our business strategy and objectives.
This position has 9 direct reports. The team in total consists of 30 employees, working in multiple continents worldwide. He/she would be required to review this team and have a critical look at both the structure and the scope.
You will report into the CHRO and you are member of the HR Leadership team.
As a member of the HR Leadership team, the Global Performance & Reward Director executes the business strategy by developing our Reward philosophy that creates a culture of high performance and accountability. They will establish trusted and influential relationships with senior business line leaders to ensure engagement and their participation in people initiatives and programs.
In more detail, the Global Performance & Reward Director will:
- Designer of, and active worker in, leading customer focused People programs and solutions that are linked to business outcomes and impacting to realization of the business strategy.
- Design, develop and optimize the Grow, Perform, succeed performance Management methodology and framework that embeds a culture of high performance and accountability for the company.
- Design, develop and optimize global Reward and recognition philosophy that impacts the approach to benefits and recognition programs, incentive schemes, policies, and processes.
- Leading the senior executive remuneration (Executive Board Remuneration review, annual target setting and reporting, benefits payments and reporting), working closely together with the CHRO and the chairman of the Remuneration Committee.
Program and process integrator
- Integrator of People programs, processes and solutions driving implementation, quality, end-to-end continuous improvement and responsible for development organizational capabilities and future skills by the business
- Develops recognition programs that recognize and reward work and behaviours that support and further the mission, goals, values and initiatives of the company.
- Provide annual compensation and benefits program / process oversight (benchmarking, surveys, job evaluation, merit budgets, etc.)
- Develop compensation and benefits incentive plan budgets based on compensation strategy, market data, and internal performance.
- Establish performance management activities (goal setting, midyear, and year end reviews), coordinating with local HR and relevant rewards & recognition team member.
- Is responsible for the management and administration of the Long-Term and Short-term Incentives plan(s), for Executive Committee, the Executive Leadership Team as well as the rest of the organization. He/she is working closely with the Finance & Legal department to ensure all relevant data on the awards as well as the plan rules are captured appropriately.
- Create personalized experiences that meet business needs using a digital first-mindset.
- Develop and leverage technology to optimize and streamline Reward and Recognition processes.
- Take on the leadership role of Global Process Owner for relevant Digital People Solutions in the areas of Compensation and Benefits and Performance Management and work collaboratively with the Digital People Solutions team to help digitise the people function and activities.
- Predictive insight provider that senses insights and trends and delivers cross-business recommendations by scanning internally and externally for leading practices and thought leadership.
- Provide data analytics and insight to measure rewards & recognition program impact and effectiveness.
- Collaborate with Business HR to create actionable insights for the People function and the business based on relevant key metrics for tracking for reward and performance management.
- Conducts the salary surveys (in close cooperation with the region) to ensure market data is available for the senior leadership salary review.
- Preparation of the annual remuneration report.
Subject Matter Visionary
- Deep subject matter visionary and proactive advisor to the people function and the business about Reward and Recognition and Performance Management
- Orchestrate resources to form multi-disciplinary teams across the business and people function to address business imperatives and drive co-creation of end-to-end solutions.
- Select appropriate vendors and manage relationship / SLAs with outsourcing partners.
- Play a key role in the HR LT and take an active role on group wide People projects as agreed with the CHRO.
- Act as a visible steward of health and safety and ensuring familiarity and compliance with Health and Safety regulations and guidelines.
- Undertake external promotion and presence for both the employees and personal brand in the marketplace through leadership and speaking engagements.
- Travel: This role will require travel internationally to meet with key stakeholders and attend executive meetings and workshops.
Key shared accountabilities:
- Drive strategic People programs throughout the organization for Reward, Recognition and Performance Management incorporating our cultural pillars.
- Establish trusted and influential relationships with the senior business line leaders on strategic priorities; and
- Provide subject matter knowledge relevant to people initiatives and programs that have a strategic people or business impact.
You should have an academic degree (preferably in human resources) and a minimum of 10 years of progressive senior (human resources) leadership experience including relevant experience in a complex international matrix setting. You should have broad experience and understand the complexity of driving change and transformation (including leading, motivating and developing remote teams).
Other required experience and competencies for this role:
- Visionary Leadership with proven experience in the successful advancement of innovative ideas and solutions.
- A very strategic leader within the HR Leadership Team, who will bring a vision, strong business acumen, global mindset. A true (people) leader.
- Emerging trends adaptability founded on good knowledge of leading HR industry initiatives, future workplace dynamics and proven experience in applying this to advance the employee experience.
- Having knowledge and experience in shaping an organization approach to Reward and Recognition and Performance Management and how they relate and interact with the employee journey.
- Consulting agility, with experience in using data analytics to align HR solutions with business imperatives and an ability to deeply research and learn adeptly about this subject area.
- Stakeholder management and the maturity to deal with executive directors.
- High level communication skills strong consulting, coaching and presentation skills.
- Excellent coordination skills, with the capability to manage and lead multiple ongoing projects and programs of work at different stages of delivery.
- An understanding of, and preferably demonstrable experience in applying, human-centered design/ design thinking approaches.
The SR Group (Netherlands) B.V. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.