We have been retained on a Global Head of Leadership & Talent Development position working for a leading Global financial services business. The role will be based in Australia, but the company in question are open with relocating the relevant and successful applicant from the UK.
The position is responsible for leading a small team of leadership and talent professionals, who oversee the company's global leadership initiatives and who operate in an advisory capacity to their regional/global counterparts. The team has responsibility to source, curate and develop global learning solutions in areas related to senior leadership capability and development. The role is accountable for management of the centralised COE responsible for the development of the Leadership Development strategy across the firms five businesses globally.
Key Elements of the role:
- The Leadership and Talent COE function acts as the strategic subject matter expert (SME) demonstrating high level capability to deliver market leading, innovative solutions which enable global counterparts to deliver effective leadership development programs.
- Lead your team to provide the tools and support for global Director Leadership Programs to be rolled out effectively across all business and ensure all internal stakeholders and external vendor partners are aligned and informed.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with external vendor partners, acting as the central point of contact for the firm and coordinating and communicating requirements on behalf of senior management, business units and other relevant stakeholders.
- Provide consultation to relevant senior business stakeholder and HR Director partners on current and future state offerings for director level leadership development across the firm incorporating both business specific and globally aligned programs.
What the person needs?
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in learning and development, talent management, organisational development or related fields, with a successful track record in managing complex, multi-dimensional projects, and proven success at building credibility quickly at all levels of the organisation, including senior executives.
- Experience in large, matrixed and multinational organisations is preferred with proven experience in senior leadership role(s) managing, leading, motivating and developing people across multiple jurisdictions.
- Verifiable track record of engaging at a practical level with business leaders and offering value added advice.
- Advanced consulting and advisory skills, including needs analysis and strategic planning
- Ability to foster innovation and creativity, surface diverse perspectives and quickly drive to tangible outcomes.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and experience presenting to and being challenged by a broad range of stakeholders, including executive management or board level.
- Strong familiarity with innovative conceptual or human centered design approaches.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.