Amsterdam, North Holland
3 months ago
This specialist role establishes strategies, policies and directives to ensure that all company pension and post-retirement benefits are appropriately governed (risk and cost management) according to the business and total rewards strategy.
- Design, develop, implement and monitor the Company's global pensions and post-retirement benefits strategy, policies and directives.
- Implement a sustainable governance framework to ensure effective oversight and control with clear accountabilities between corporate and local teams as well as GBS and pension trustees/ fiduciaries
- Govern the effective implementation of the strategy, policies and directives by:
- Acting as the leading pensions expert by providing expertise, analysis, guidance and support
- Ensure effective integration in the global Reward strategy
- Act as secretary of ExCo Pensions Committee
- Support local HR & management in governance and funding discussions with local trustees and fiduciaries
- Work closely with other functions in relation to pension projects and related activities e.g. Group Control (incl. Accounting and Pensions Accounting Specialist), M&A, Tax, Investor Relations, Treasury, Legal, HR.
- Identify market opportunities to finance, fund and/or settle pension liabilities to manage risk and cost to the Company.
- Works in strategic partnership with Global Rewards, under the Direction of the Global Rewards Director to ensure pension benefits remain affordable and competitive in the market.
- Manage global relationships with external actuaries and other third parties to ensure consistency and quality of advice balanced with appropriate cost control.
Level of Autonomy
- Reporting to the Director Global Rewards and also takes direction from the ExCo Pensions Committee.
- Ensures pension schemes are properly governed to manage risk for the company.
- Acts in accordance with Authority Rules.
- Works closely together with the UK Pension Specialist in managing the relationship with local boards and trustees.
- Company pensions representative with external parties such as regulators, auditors, industry and professional bodies.
- Budget responsibility for external advisers.
- Minimum of ten years experience of managing pension schemes (defined benefit and defined contribution) plus knowledge or background experience in related fields would be advantageous e.g. HR/ finance/ treasury/ risk/ insurance.
- Professionally qualified e.g. PMI, IEBA Diploma, Actuary, Accountant.
- Intellect and skills to interpret and apply complex actuarial, investment, risk and legal concepts in relation to pension activities.
- Ability and experience to focus on the bigger picture in order to align pension strategy with corporate strategy.
- Confidence, empathy and credibility to represent the company and deal with boards, trustees and fiduciaries.
- Ability to work under own initiative and at times, under pressure.
- Ability to communicate complex, technical matters in simple terms to ensure wide understanding.
- Experience and personal attributes to manage and build teams/ relationships within and across functions.
- Drive to maintain and improve professional knowledge.
Do you recognise yourself in the above-described profile? Please don't hesitate and get in touch with us today.
The SR Group (Netherlands) B.V. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.