This leading international law firm based in the city is looking for a Graduate Recruitment & Development manager to lead their team. Forming part of a larger national and international HR department this is a small but high touch and visible team. Playing an integral part in attracting and recruiting high-calibre trainee solicitors along with assisting with the effective operation of the two-year training and development programme your role will be to lead this function and be a true ambassador for the firm.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project management of the firm's national summer vacation schemes, autumn training contract assessment centres, winter open days, and law fairs and career presentations programme (this may involve weekly travel during busy term-time periods).
- Ensuring the trainee solicitor pipeline. Playing an integral part in operating assessment centres; candidate interviewing process; generation of offers; and provision of constructive feedback to all candidates.
- Attending social events for future trainees and London summer vacation scheme candidates.
- Overseeing the annual operation of online graduate recruitment application system (Apply4Law), and producing reports as and when required to track statistics relating to equality and diversity, marketing, etc.
- Working closely with the Marketing team in the design and implementation of graduate attraction materials, including the annual graduate recruitment campaign and profiles to be used in external publications
- Continuing to enhance existing relationships with key stakeholders that have an integral interest in the graduate recruitment and development function.
- Building upon existing strengths in the arena of diversity and social mobility at graduate recruitment level
- Overseeing the successful production and implementation of the on-boarding process for each new trainee intake.
- Supervising the mid-seat discussion process with trainee solicitors and facilitating the end-of-seat discussion process with the Trainee Solicitors' Committee.
- Management of the trainee seat-rotation process nationally and internationally.
- Overseeing the Professional Skills Courses (both compulsories and electives) and ensuring attendance of our trainee solicitors to these events.
- Managing the trainees' mid-seat and end-of-seat appraisal process
- Effective management of the firm's qualification process every six months
- Overseeing SRA-required processes
The firm is looking to meet with solid Graduate Recruitment & Development Managers ideally with experienced gained within a legal environment coupled with effective knowledge of the Graduate space and higher education landscape. You will possess strong experience of working in a client facing environment and have strong senior stakeholder management skills.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.