Group Manager of Employee Relations
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Employee Relations Manager to join one of the leading retailers on a permanent basis.
Are you a proven Employee Relations Manager who has European exposure? Do you have French language skills to continue a working relationship with your French and wider European colleagues?
Working as part of the highly accomplished European Employee Relations management team the Manager of Employee Relations will steer the employee relations strategy and drive the delivery of that strategy for the UK head office functions and the European Buying and Merchandising functions. The team is focussed on creating a positive associate relations environment that supports talent development and business growth in line with the culture and values of our business.
Areas of responsibilities:
* Lead case strategy discussions within designated functions and, along with team, provide expert guidance, advice and effective resolution to all employee relations issues in these functions.
* Partner with functional HR team and key business stakeholders on driving compliance through knowledge-sharing, education, up-skilling, coaching, interventions and continuous improvement. Ensure they are aware of key themes, horizon topics and any contentious cases relevant to their specific business areas.
* Design and deliver solutions for issues that emerge from the UK head office and European buying and merchandise offices e.g. policy rollout, contract development, working with employee bodies, rolling out inclusion and diversity strategy.
* Working with the Manager of Policy & Compliance input into the design, and drive the delivery, of policy and supporting tools in the above named functions in line with local legislation and the business objectives and priorities
* For the UK Head office and Buying and Merchandising teams take a leading role in the delivery of functional projects and programmes.
* Take a leading role in the delivery of the groups labour relations strategy
* Identify the need, and design interventions based on national and regional themes coming out of cases and ensure case learnings are shared with the relevant HR & functional management populations.
* Work with the HR Fundamentals Project Manager to take a leading role in the delivery of employee relations related training programmes.
* Act as a subject matter expert on the development and continuous improvement of all employee relations related documents for UK Head office and European Buying and Merchandising teams.
* Maintain up to date knowledge on current ER legislation in UK & Europe as required.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* Knowledge of or experience of working in Europe
* Ideally French speaking
* Significant UK ER experience in buying or retail environment with a demonstrable record for upward progression
* Experience of working in a global and/or international organisation
* High personal impact and able to gain credibility quickly
* Experience in a fast moving, customer facing organisation
* Strong big picture perspective
* Very strong operational skills
* Able to manage big picture and equally comfortable with the detail
* Assertive personal style but which is flexible and open to alternative solutions
* Can deal effectively with ambiguity
* Strong communicator at all levels of the organisation
The company offer hybrid working from their UK HQ in Hertfordshire. For further information about this position please apply.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.