£75000 - £80000 per annum + Car
5 months ago
My client is an innovative and high quality UK logistics company and they would like to appoint a Head of Capability and Succession to join their people team.
As Head of Capability and Succession you will recruit, develop and lead on retaining the best talent by creating performance and development strategies that ensure people are consistently performing in line with the business and individual expectations. You will take a key role in embedding a high performance culture and creating an environment that promotes success and ensures people are fully involves and able to make a difference. You will act as a partner to the business and senior leadership team in ensuring that they are able to recruit and retain talent but building and delivering on succession plans, talent programmes and leadership development and capability. A role that holds huge impact on the business and working with the board and CEO you will be drive a talent strategy that delivers excellent people at every level and ensures the business becomes a employer of choice.
Working with entire Gist workforce and supported by a team of 3 direct reports at management level you will be responsible for making sure that all depots, corporate and new talent streams are managed in order to deliver clear succession plans, growth and development opportunities. A key focus for this role is around the design and delivery of excellent leadership development strategies in order to continue the successful and high performing teams whilst also offering best I class support to new managers. The company has excellent core values and objectives and you will work in correlation with these and wider company projects.
To be successful in this role you will have:
* Experience proactively developing and managing a Talent strategy incorporating succession planning, leadership development and a high level off people management capability.
* You will have led and delivered on leadership development programmes.
* You will have worked in a similar sized organisation of around 5000 employees that have UK based sites.
* Will be a senior leader in your field, you will have reported to CEO's or board level and have the confidence and ability to advise on future proofing talent.
* You will have managed a team and demonstrate your ability to be a good people manager that promotes development, coaching and encouragement.
It is not essential to have worked in a similar sector but you will have worked in a fast paced and diverse organisation. This is a fantastic opportunity for a senior Talent leader to build and deliver a talent strategy that has maximum impact within a successful and cultural high performing organisation.
Salary: £75,000 - £80,000 + car allowance
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.