Rotterdam, South Holland
3 months ago
We are currently assisting our client in finding their Head of Compensation & Benefits. Do you have extensive experience within financial services? Are you used to work in a higly complex and regulated environment? Are you an international infuencer? Then please keep reading.
The HR department is led by the CHRO, who is member of the Executive Team and consists of 5 expertise teams: HR Compensation & Benefits, HR Advisory, HR learning & Development, HR Service Desk, HR Analytics & System.
The C&B team is responsible for :
- Works Council engagement and employee relations in general
- Employee Benefits (in all our offices around the world), including pension
- Job Evaluation and Benchmarking
- Executive and employee Remuneration
- Remuneration reporting (annual report, sustainability report)
- Payroll management
- Expat/mobility management
Due to the specific remuneration regulations for the financial industry, the C&B team has a strong focus on the execution and maintenance of our remuneration policies and practices. Ensuring compliance with remuneration rules and regulations for the management and identified staff is a core accountability. In addition, the C&B team is responsible for the Dutch Pension Regulation which will have to be adjusted to the new 'Pensioen Akkoord' in the coming years.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Manage and lead the compact C&B Team
- Design the set of different compensation and benefits policies both on a local (The Netherlands) and a global level
- Ensure effective, efficient and compliant global mobility (global mobility mgr. reports into this role)
- Ensure effective management of the Works Council relationship (not limited to compensation and benefits)
- Design, manage and monitor the compensation structures in the organization (job grading system, job evaluation system, job description policy, the Reward Framework) aligned with the strategy, culture and the corporate values
- Develop, maintain and manage the remuneration benchmarking and compensation related processes
- Work with the Pension fund on necessary adjustments / changes of the pension regulations (this should also be viewed in the context of the new Dutch pension covenant)
- Develop, maintain and manage compensation processes like the salary planning, performance management cycle, bonus planning and incentives
- Co-manage (together with the CHRO) remuneration and compensation related processes for the Remuneration and Nomination commission of the Supervisory Board
- Act as a valuable and constructive team member of the HR Management Team
- Advice on the more senior remuneration packages and exceptions in the compensation of the individual employees
- Share knowledge and train HR colleagues and line managers in the compensation area (pay-mix training, job evaluation, benchmarking etc.)
- Build and maintain a positive and influencing relationship with management and other key stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced HR-professional with at least 7 years of specific C&B experience (preferably within the financial industry). You have experience in applying benchmarking data, understand corporate governance rules around remuneration and ideally have good understanding of the compensation rules as applied in the financial industry. Furthermore you have the following skills:
- Self-starter, highly motivated and independent with proven track record of working with deadlines
- Result oriented team player who can build and lead a (project) team as well as work as part of a team and is keen to share his/her knowledge and build capabilities around him/her
- Strong and proven analytical and numeric skills (incl. expert knowledge of Excel), good eye for detail and interdependencies
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, capable of dealing effectively with multiple senior stakeholders
- Strong at managing a team of professionals
- Experience with working as a C&B professional at board level
- Excellent networking, and influencing skills
- Preferably working experience in a global /international environment
- Experience with HR systems like Workday.
Do you recognise yourself in the above described profile? Please don't hesitate and get in touch with us today.
The SR Group (Netherlands) B.V. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.