A top tier, global law firm are currently looking for a Head of HR to take over the responsibility for their German offices. This role will be based in Munich but also have responsibility for other sites, managing a team of 4.
This opportunity is a fantastic chance for someone to take the next step in their career, within a growing business. It would suit someone coming from a Legal or Professional Services background who can operate within an autonomous environment and who has a strategic mind-set. The business expects the incumbent to take on a number of global and regional projects and act as a change ambassador internally alongside fulfilling the more operational elements of the position.
- Manage a team and support their development
- Act as a change manager and project leader, with the gravitas and credibility to influence at a senior level within the organisation
- Participate in regular discussions with the Managing Partner and others on immediate resourcing and succession planning
- Manage the appraisal and performance processes to ensure timely launch of programmes and engagement from all stakeholders
- In particular, facilitate relevant salary and bonus discussions maintaining objectivity and fairness
- Provide advice and intervention to the business on complex employee relations issues such as disciplinary, grievances etc.
- Work in close partnership with other support functions in Germany, including the secretarial population, to provide a seamless, joined up service.
- Lead on, or contribute to, global projects to develop HR practices and processes
- Champion diversity and inclusion in line with firm objectives
Experience and Skillset
- The successful candidate will need to understand the legal services environment and will have ideally had experience within a partnership
- Extensive experience in a similar function within HR
- Degree (or equivalent) educated
- English is the main language used by the business; the successful candidate must be fluent in written and spoken English and German.
- Management experience is highly preferred
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV to Stephanie Abdel-Ahad (email@example.com) or call Stephanie under +49 (211) 2479-1137
The SR Group (Germany) GmbH is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
The SR Group in Germany receives Great Place to Work® 2018 quality seal
The SR Group in Germany is one of the winners of Great Place to Work® competition "Best employers in NRW".