We have been engaged by a UK Headquartered MNC to identify a Head of HR Asia Pacific, whose primary focus will be to support their Asia based global functions as well as their Asia based leaders. The organisation is around 260 strong in Asia and as a region includes Hong Kong, Australia, China, Taiwan, New Zealand, Thailand, Malaysia & Korea. The Hong Kong Regional office is a combination of corporate functions (Supply Chain, Logistics, Finance, IT, Creative Services) as well as their Asia Pacific business base. Reporting to the CFO Asia Pacific with a dotted line to Group HR Director based in London, this role will act as a strategic business partner to the Senior Leadership team who are based in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Sydney.
This role will offer you the opportunity to play a pivotal role in shaping and executing their organisational and people agenda; ensuring they have the right structure, capabilities and talent for the future while effectively and rigorously measuring all. Working with the respective leadership teams, you will help ensure both areas of the business have the right conditions in place to achieve their performance and people goals. Sitting alongside all of this will be their core people processes and interventions that you will execute, while looking for opportunities for efficiencies or bigger outcomes across the HR function.
You will lead a team of 4 HR specialists , including a Talent Acquisition Manager, based in Hong Kong to deliver all HR services within the region; across Talent Acquisition and Management, Rewards Management, HR Systems/Process/Operations, Employee Relations as well as special or ad hoc projects.
Our client is interested in HR Professionals with the following profile and experience:
- Minimum 12 years of solid working experience in HR.
- Strong track record of building credibility as a business partner (vs an HR practitioner solely proficient in HR procedures and policies).
- Ideally good exposure/ experience with L&D and Reward practices.
- Experience with raising the level of HR capability and service delivery.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, handle multiple projects and coordinate cross functions.
- Excellent English - verbal and written communication skills.
- Work well under pressure with strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to live with and lead change.
- Commercially astute, entrepreneurial and authentic HR professional who thrives when challenged.
- Team management and development experience.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.