7 months ago
We have been retained on a Head of HR - Philippines role based in Manila. Our client is among Asia's leading banking groups also being one of the largest banks in the Philippines. The role reports in the Country CEO and the Group Chief HR Officer based in South-East Asia. The current Head of HR has been operating in a global secondment which comes to an end in Q1 2020. As a result, they are looking for ideally a locally based HR of HR to join the organisation in January 2020 (or as close to this as possible) to allow for an effective handover period.
About Our Client:
Globally the banking organisation consists of circa 50,000 employees of which circa 1600 are based in the Philippines. The staff are spread across circa 70 branches locally and circa 450 employees are unionised staff.
Reporting directly into the Country CEO and the Group Chief HR Officer (dual reporting line), the role will be responsible for managing the HR team of 17 employees with 5 direct reports. More specifically, responsibilities will include:
- Managing & building strong relationships with the Country CEO, Group CHRO, the Board, Leadership teams locally and at Group level. You will be liaising with the CEO and Group CHRO daily.
- Managing the Philippines HR & People Strategy, Projects and BAU HR Operations supported by a sizeable HR team.
- The team will deliver annual HR processes including; reward, performance management, talent & development, Organisational Development and Policy / ER / IR & union management.
- HR Change Projects may be related to; competency and capability, productivity, cost, audits, customer centricity and re-structuring amongst other areas.
- Review, rationalise, transform and enhance the legacy HR processes and practices ensuring it is aligned with Group HR policies and principles while complying with local guidelines, making sure it is fit for purpose to support the branches.
The Successful Applicant:
- This individual will ideally be a local operating in another Head of HR role based in the Philippines within another financial services / banking organisation (circa 12 - 15 years+ experience needed).
- Must be comfortable operating in a strategic, projects based and operational position.
- They will have a track record managing a similar sized HR team and have a track record directly working with CEO's, the Board and in Group matrix structures.
- Must have operated in a unionised environment and be comfortable managing union agreements.
- Excellent team management, numeracy, stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Languages: English & Tagalog.
Location: Manila, Philippines.
Due to the organisation's affirmed support and commitment to developing a local core, this role is preferably available to locals based in the Philippines.
Thanks for your time. Please apply to find out more about this role. Alternatively, if you are looking to make a key HR hire in to your team or if you want to discuss the HR market please get in touch. Successful Referrals are also rewarded - so share their details with us!
Personnel Registration Number: R1987572
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.