about 1 year ago
Senior HR Business Partner / Head of HR Germany & Switzerland - Munich, Germany
Our client is a world renowned investment management business with operations spanning the globe. They are widely recognised as one of the foremost and prestigious fund managers in the industry. Due to an internal move, they are looking for a new Senior HR Business Partner / Head of HR to support approx. 160 FTE across Germany and Austria, to be located in Munich. This person will act as a trusted advisor to the functional business heads and senior leadership teams focused on a broad range of transformational talent agenda designed to attract, retain and develop top talent for the region. This is a central role and will involve close international co-operation with stakeholders in key locations across Europe and the US.
This is an incredibly exciting role not only because of the strength of the brand but also as it will play a central function in the formulation and drive-out of strategic change for the region, in coordination with the UK and US leadership team. The business is well known to hire for culture as much as ability and is therefore a fantastic and collegiate place to work.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to client groups in organizational planning and talent development initiatives that align the firms' human resources agenda in support of key business strategies and initiatives.
- Build trusted advisor relationship with senior leaders and ensure strategic human capital initiatives in client groups align as appropriate across the broader organization.
- Partner closely with respective global and EMEA HR business partner groups to ensure we are closely aligned on talent updates.
- One HRBP will report directly into this role. In addition to, there will be HR shared services and Centres of Excellence teams to leverage
- Though, this role will have oversight of all employees in Germany and Switzerland, he/she will focus on front office client coverage while his/her direct report, HR business partner will be focused on non-front office client groups.
- Develop and ensure flawless execution of highly commercial HR strategies, within own authority level, including on-boarding, talent programs, leadership development, talent reviews, succession planning, etc.
- Determine and plan client groups' organizational requirements, in conjunction with department heads and all line managers to fill vacancies by promotion, transfer or external recruitment to provide the most effective workforce;
- Partner closely with HR Specialist areas e.g. Compensation & HR Analytics, Recruiting, and Learning and Development to design and implement appropriate programs in support of business goals.
- Coach, guide and mentor line managers and senior leaders in their HR leadership functions and responsibilities.
- The role of Head of HR for Germany & Switzerland/Senior HR business partner will also include regulatory responsibilities in close partnership with compliance, legal, finance, audit and risk teams which are key components of the role.
Skills & Expertise:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university.
- Minimum of 10 years of HR experience in International organisations. Financial sector experience highly preferred.
- Excellent technology skills, specifically Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Incumbents with law and employee relations background will be an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge in German Employment Law.
- Strong command of English and German languages, both written and spoken.
- Experience in leading and managing organizational changes and transformation including restructures and HR process improvement and automation.
- Experience working in a matrix, extremely dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment; prioritization, and ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually and in groups including working as part of a global HR team with cross border interaction.
- Proven experience building strong business partnerships and executive presence; able to establish credibility and support with operating leaders and Human Resource team.
The SR Group (Germany) GmbH is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
The SR Group in Germany receives Great Place to Work® 2018 quality seal
The SR Group in Germany is one of the winners of Great Place to Work® competition "Best employers in NRW".