Our client is a major employer experiencing significant growth has multiple sites throughout Australia. Due to the location of this role it may suit those interested in relocation to a major regional hub.
We are seeking a H & S professional to be responsible for taking the lead on driving positive workplace health and safety initiatives. This will involve developing and implementing WHS strategies to ensure all stakeholders are provided with a workplace that is safe.
The role will be responsible for implementing WHS initiatives and being highly visible across the organisation as a workplace safety culture leader, proactively working on early intervention and prevention programs to deliver best practice.
- Leadership of creating a safety first mindset in every employee
- Identifying and implementing engaging ways to drive safety first mindset at site and broader
- In partnership with internal and external subject matter experts (SMEs), ensure business has an effective WHS Management system to support the business
- Partner with business leaders, contractors, other stakeholders to embed people first culture through safety
- Work with staff & contractors to identify and drive solutions for WHS improvements, including equipment engineering solutions, process solutions, and policy standards
- Coordinate the Workers Compensation agenda with business partners to ensure best outcomes for employees and the business
- Oversee reporting and insights to the business
Skills and Experience:
- Inductions, training & providing health and safety meetings
- Maintain compliance with current health and safety legislation
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Communicate with relevant authorities
The ideal candidate will be:
- Experienced in a similar role from construction/energy/mining sector
- A hands-on with a "can-do" attitude H&S professional
- A self driven, passionate safety professional with the ability to make a difference
- Highly motivated with a dynamic personality
- Able to work independently but with team spirit
- Experienced in successfully designing and implementing safety programs;
- Tertiary qualified in HSE/OHS
- Capable of working within a unionised environment
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills that will allow for great engagement with extensive internal and external stakeholders.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Michele Beale on (03) 8610 8450 or e-mail email@example.com. For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.frazerjones.com.