Health & Rehabilitation Lead
Our client is seeking an experienced Health and Rehabilitation Lead to join their supportive team. Reporting to the Manager Health and Safety, this position leads the Health and Rehabilitation function, providing expert advice to members, management and the broader business to ensure they maintain best practice as well as deliver on legislative requirements.
The role is a key contributor to promoting Health and Rehabilitation Initiatives, the Rehabilitation policy, workers compensation and in providing early intervention and fit for role programs.
An important aspect of this role is to provide expert advice regarding reasonable adjustments at the workplace for complex medical conditions, so experience in this will be held in high regard.
- Provide specialist technical advice and case management on sensitive and complex issues arising from injuries, illnesses, vaccination or fit for role policies and procedures and also maintain adequate policies and procedures to achieve this.
- Lead the implementation and continuous improvement of vaccination programs.
- Monitor SafeGate reporting system and contacting members with injuries/illness, providing return to work programs and coordinating services. Also monitor WorkCover claims, identifying emerging trends and developing strategies to mitigate risks and produce reports on statistics and trends for State Health and Safety Committee, WH&S Steering Group and Regional Committees.
- Manage own case load and oversee cases managed by the team, including coordination of complex cases across HR and H&S.
- Ensure effective management of contracts for InjuryNet, occupational rehabilitation providers including procurement of new services and programs as required. This includes the management the Workers Compensation policy, including claims, return to work and policy for both staff and volunteer recoupable claim.
- Contribute to the strategic directions of WHS business plan by managing associated budget, and contributing to research and investigation of best practice in health wellbeing and rehabilitation, and identifying areas of improvement.
- Tertiary qualifications in Health Science, either Occupational therapy or Physiotherapy.
- Previous experience working in a senior Occupational Rehabilitation / Occupational Health position within a dynamic and diverse multi-site environment
- Ability to design and deliver education and awareness programs.
- Ability to provide expert technical advice and reasoned recommendations to management and relevant stakeholders with regards to ergonomics, manual handling, rehabilitation, fit for role and injury prevention.
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs.
- Current full Victorian driver’s license.
- Current Working with Children Check.
For a confidential discussion please feel free to apply via link and then contact Michele Beale on 0403210494 for more detail and quote PR/222386
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.frazerjones.com
Frazer Jones is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.