My client is one of the most successful and prestigious Law Firms in the UK and they have a vacancy for an HR Advisor to provide operational HR support to their trainee population in the London Office.
This is a 12month FTC paying up to £44,000.
- Must have proven experience in a professional services environment working with the graduate population
- Strong advisory skills and knowledge of Employment Law.
- Strong client service skills and excellent communication both verbal and written.
- Commercial awareness.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to influence and challenge where appropriate.
- Professional, credible and responsive.
- Ability to deal with pressure and manage conflicting priorities.
Trainee Performance Development:
- Coordinate the performance review process: communication of key deadlines to trainees and trainers, monitoring of completion rate and analysis of performance rating allocation across the trainee population
- Coordinate, organise and lead the trainee moderation process each seat, ensuring each team and department runs a consistent process in line with policy
- Work with the relevant trainers to identify and coach underperforming trainees, training referrals, and advising trainers on the review process and active performance development.
- Provide advice and guidance to partners on managing performance and where appropriate attend performance management meetings and ensure follow-up.
- Work closely with client groups to facilitate and monitor the annual performance review process and provide advice and guidance where necessary to associates and partners.
- Co-ordinate and manage the performance review moderation meetings for each department.
- Manage and co-ordinate internal promotions for legal staff within client groups.
- Pro-actively work in conjunction with the Learning & Development team and partners to identify training needs and career development plans for associates.
- Provide advice and guidance on employee relations issues e.g. disciplinary/grievance matters and performance issues. Where necessary, investigate matters and attend/conduct meetings in conjunction with partners.
- Monitor and manage all sickness absence. When necessary discuss absence with partners and ensure follow-up with individuals. Work with the firm's nurse where appropriate and refer to our occupational health provider. Liaise with insurers on private health insurance claims.
- Deal with general welfare queries and provide advice and information on the internal and external sources of support available. Ensure follow-up as appropriate.
- Report on key performance for the graduate population, analyse data and provide recommendations to the business.
- Research competitor intelligence/best practice information.
- Active member of the secondment committee. Attend committee meetings, produce agenda and minutes, and follow up on actions
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.