€80000 - €95000 per annum + 9% bonus
8 months ago
Our client is a very international, multicultural company in the manufacturing sector, with a strong ambition to grow.
HR Business Partner
The HR Business Partner will focus on service delivery directly to employees and managers by handling transactional activities and inquiries, ensuring compliance with country-specific employment and other related legislations and developing country/function workforce strategy, providing decision support and manager coaching. The HR BP will also work closely with the other members of the team (mainly in the Netherlands and in Belgium) to ensure a proper alignment.
- Ensure 100% data compliance in HRIS system including handling of audits related to it (e.g. SOX) based on the respective DOA.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation; develop contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers; maintain in-depth knowledge of country-specific legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance as well as country-specific employment or other related legislation compliance; handle complex issues and escalated activities (e.g. disciplinary action or grievance and complex employee situations involving research).
- Manage various external vendors, e.g. Outplacement, Employee Assistant Program; contact person for key service providers such as temporary agencies, recruitment companies; work with COE and procurement in case of vendor selection and changes of the benefit program/pension fund.
- Ensure that the people implications of business decisions are understood and addressed and support the implementation of business strategies and plans.
- Assist the managers in evaluating the current and future talent needs; support the development of an appropriate workforce plan that identifies and responds to gaps in the current workforce and provide decision support and manager coaching; monitor employee related costs within country/function.
- Ensure that sites/function strategies are supported with HR programs in the areas of Operational Discipline, Learning & Development, Recruitment and Compensation & Benefit to provide competitive advantage; establish effective relationships with assigned management and act as a champion for HR initiatives and programs and support the local rollout of new/annual HR programs; coach the line managers as "super-user" of HR tools, programs and technologies; bridge line manager skill and capability gaps for all people related activities, e.g. setting objectives, performance review.
- Support management in executing change within their sites/function by using a consistent change management approach and build enthusiasm for and commitment to change amongst a range of stakeholders and recognize the need to actively engage and consult with staff, works council etc.
- Dialogue with works council/social partners in close partnership with the Senior HR Business Partner.
- Deliver HR policies, processes and procedures that are organizationally appropriate and supportive to line management and in line with the global HR strategy to achieve key business objectives; provide local HR expertise and feedback by working collaboratively with global HR and COE on all changes to the current practices, policies and procedures.
- Master's degree either in HR Management, Business Administration, or related field.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in a professional HR role (e.g. HR Generalist or HR Officer).
Special Skills Required
- Fluent in English and Dutch both written and spoken is a must.
- Responsible for several locations and therefore experience with local labor law of various countries is beneficial; Countries in scope (Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Finland, UK);
- Understanding of HR Processes and Terminology including local requirements and relevant legislation, e.g. social security, pension fund; experience in executing HRIS processes.
- Professional oral and written skills including professional correspondence.
- Solid interpersonal and multicultural skills.
- Ability to learn fast and to adapt to changing priorities and /or multiple conflicting priorities without loss of self-composure.
- Demonstrate a consistently strong bias for action and a desire to deliver; consistently deliver to expectations and commitments, meeting or exceeding agreed standards; interested in finding out about the organization and the connections between wider organizational issues and own role.
- Understand how organizations function and the relationship within teams and business units
- Demonstrate high level of emotional intelligence, insight into own behavior/working style and emotional resilience.
- Understand the impact of trends on the organization's workforce and have ideas about how these might be addressed.
- Use coaching skills to enable managers to optimize their performance and that of their team in order to deliver business goals/objectives.
- Ability to resolve conflicts positively and constructively whilst delivering own objectives and priorities; use influencing and negotiating skills to work collaboratively achieving desired business outcomes.
- Ability to influence internal stakeholders on a wide range of workforce issues and in different circumstances;
The SR Group (Netherlands) B.V. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.