Up to £60000 per annum + £5k car allowance
4 months ago
HR Business Partner - Heathrow /Hounslow based c.£60,000 plus £5,000 car allowance.
Working for an international Logistics business within the Airline sector, this is an exciting opportunity for a person with a strong HR Business Partner or Head of HR background to join the business and be not only strategic but hands on in this high profile role within the business.
Working with a client group of around 3000 blue collar workers this role is both strategic focused and hands on. This HR Business Partner role is ideal for someone from a transport / logistics / B2B services background who has strong HRBP experience including strong management and direction, you will have very good generalist background and strong negotiation and influencing skills as you will be involved with liaising with Unions and managing Tupe in and out on a regular basis as well as the day to day operational duties.
This role reports into to the VP for London.
- Full generalist HR Business Partner responsibilities, a large focus on client relations, union negotiations and team management
- Overseeing a client group of c.3000 staff, mostly blue collar shift workers, engaging with them and understanding their work patterns and needs from an HR perspective.
- Full management of a team of 2 Advisors and providing support, advice and training to Managers across the business at Heathrow to ensure a smooth operation daily.
- You will be working closely with the Centre of Excellence including L&D, Reward and ER teams, partnering across the regions and picking up escalated queries.
- Business planning, policy development, H&S as well as following best practice and compliance guidelines will be on the agenda
- Responsible for recruitment of key hires in the business, liaising with Management and working in partnership
- Leading any TUPE transfers that arise - this can happen fairly regularly.
- Union negotiations, relationship building and liaison in conjunction to pay, terms and conditions and procedural matters
- Looking at the HR team in a strategic way, suggesting ways to improve, update and implement.
- Strong and solid HR Business Partner experience, partnering with senior level executives and someone who really can implement and follow through a project.
- A background in logistics / transport or a B2B service provider or similar is key,
- Experience working with a large shift based, blue collar workforce.
- Strong influencing skills, strategy implementation and compliance knowledge.
- CIPD qualified, or experience gained through previous roles
- The ability to negotiate, work under pressure, present ideas and communicate effectively
- Professionalism, ability to present to the Board, being an integral part of the HR function and this high profile role in the company needs someone who leads from the front and has the capabilities and experience to do so
It is an exciting time to join the business, if this role is of interest please apply online to be considered.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.