We partnered with one of the top luxury retail brands in the Netherlands to find their next HR Director to help them transform HR in their EMEA HQ.
Reporting into the VP HR, the successful candidate will lead, coach and develop a team of six to eight functionally aligned HR Business partners. The emphasis being on developing the HRBPs capabilities, confidence and operating model, including process improvement to ensure we give world class service to our consumers.
You will be responsible for leading the transformation of the current HRBP model, making a shift from generalist and all serving to strategic and thought leading. Enabling the HRBPs to be confident and capable to dive business results with senior business leaders in a panful, data driven, strategic manner.
Working closely with the HR Operations Director you will co-lead establishing the HR Service center for all Amsterdam employees and Managers and ensure the processes, communication and transition for HR and our consumers is seamless. You will seek for opportunities to increase the service level and offering to consumers, also making HR more efficient by identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
You will also act as the HRBP for HR, working closely with the HR Leadership team to ensure the people plan for the HR organization delivers maximum value, including identifying generic capability, talent, organization and culture levers which can be utilized to ensure individuals and teams can live up to their greatest potential.
AREAS OF ACTIVITIES/INVOLVEMENT
- Engage and lead the team individually by connecting, agreeing objectives, giving feedback, providing coaching and enabling critical experiences
- Ensure the formation of a high performing team by aligning objectives, creating a shared vision and agreed ways of working
- Lead the HRBP workstream and collaborate with the other HR leaders on all other workstreams, act as a key change agent across HR and in the business
- Provide best practice, tools, coaching and development to increase the capability and competence of the HRBP team
- Lead the execution of key HR lifecycle processes, partnering with the COE leaders to ensure successful execution and evolution, not limited to strategic planning, organizational design, performance management and development, talent planning, transition management and awareness of forward thinking HR practices
- Using consumer insights and data to measure the effectiveness of the HRBP team and opportunities for continuous improvement
- Provide a holistic view to HR and business leaders of possibilities for alignment, efficiencies and collaboration opportunities between functions
- Consult with peers in other functions to ensure HR is ahead of new business strategies, organizational re-structure, communication plans and can partner at a forming stage
- Provide advice and direction to senior business leaders at points of escalation, where required
- Identifying key opportunities to increase associate engagement across the business and partnering with the HRBPs, COEs and business leaders to design and execute key initiatives
- Coordinates HR Department activities and delivery to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, policies, regulations and best practices
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Their business is fast paced, passionate and growing so, you need to be flexible, adaptable, able to work at pace but with accuracy and be ok with change!
- Leadership and visioning, able to engage at an individual team and organizational level
- Ability to develop the HR strategy and to identify, create and implement best practices in human resources programs and services
- Good listener with a positive ("can do") mentality
- Utilizes an analytical, systems thinking and creative approach with stakeholders, peers and team to find or invent solutions and agreements
- Very good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively, persuasively, and credibly
- Shares information actively and points out/ escalates conflicts constructively
- Demonstrated skills in negotiation, conflict management and change management
The SR Group (Netherlands) B.V. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.