HR Director Nederland
Our client is a leading international industrial service provider offering a wide range of high-quality mechanical engineering components and associated technical and logistics services.
Our client is looking for an HR Director Nederland.
Reporting to the Managing Director NL, and with a dotted line to the Chief Human Resources Officer, this is the people expert in our business. The HRD owns and drives forward people plans that support business growth, whilst making sure we stay true to our values and provide a superb employee experience right across the spectrum.
The HR Director is a member of the Management Team NL, along with the CFO, Supply Chain Director, Commercial Director and the Division Directors.
The HR Director leads a team of 16 HR professionals. This team includes all functions.
Location: Alkmaar (preferably 3 days a week), and one other days at one of the other locations.
- As part of the management team, you play a key role in shaping and executing the company’s strategic plan to transform, lead and build a sustainable business.
- Create the strategic direction for, and lead on, people planning to support business growth and performance, taking account of productivity, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness.
- As HR Director you are end responsible for initiating, monitoring and implementation of the HR strategy and organizational development.
- As a trusted partner within the MT, you are first contact person for the Board.
- Own the development and delivery of an outstanding employee experience in all elements of the employee lifecycle, as measured by feedback and retention.
- Lead the People team to support business growth and performance, reinforce our culture and Values, and promote employee retention and wellbeing.
- You will bring stability, structure and efficiency into the HR Team.
- You will professionalize and further sharpen the basic operating processes (TA, Onboarding, Student program, dashboard)
- Facilitate organizational and role design including leading on change management and organizational restructuring.
- Determine and own key People analytics: monitor, analyze and present data to identify both strategic and operational needs, gaps, and risks.
- Lead and manage a program to ensure our Values are clearly communicated and understood at all levels of the business, to create an engaging and aligned culture.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain talent management and personal development frameworks and plans, including performance management, career pathways, in-house learning and development provision, succession planning and retention.
- Develop and deliver management and leadership development programs to create rounded and effective individual line managers as well as strong collective leadership.
- Manage resourcing and recruitment to deliver a compelling employer brand and profile, a distinctive employee value proposition, and effective external partnerships, that reflect our dynamic and increasingly competitive business environment.
- Develop and lead a comprehensive approach to rewards and benefits, including salary review and benchmarking, performance incentives, share option allocations, executive compensation, and supporting the Board Remuneration Committee.
- Manage and provide functional leadership on operational HR matters including, for example, employee relations, pay and benefits, job evaluation, policy interpretation, performance management, wellbeing, senior level resourcing, accommodation projects.
- Develop and lead on employment and cultural initiatives that promote our Values and a positive employee experience (e.g., diversity and inclusion, corporate social responsibility).
- Manage our employee engagement surveys, devise and support action plans to address areas requiring improvement.
- Work with the management team to implement internal communications practices that deliver regular and relevant information to people across the business.
What you bring:
Skills and personal attributes
- Comfortable devising high-level strategy as well as delivering, analyzing, and juggling operational matters and multiple projects.
- You are an expert in the field of HR change management.
- Strategically strong, but also very pragmatic (roll up the sleeves mentality)
- Easily translates business strategy into HR strategy/People agenda. Experienced in translating into actions and change management
- Strong business acumen; generally interested in business
- Ambitious and sets stretching goals for self and others.
- Drives decisions that materially and quantifiably drive the business forward through deep understanding and analysis of people, in terms of both data and behavior.
- Puts the ‘human’ in Human Resources: genuinely cares about and is interested in people and wants to help them be the best they can be regardless of their role.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with high EQ and ability to influence and persuade.
- Resilient: remains calm and focused under pressure and can take difficult decisions.
- High standard of business ethics and is values driven.
- Analytical decision maker with a healthy overlay of pragmatism.
- High clarity of thought and makes high quality decisions as a result.
- Works hard, focuses on results, and has high levels of ownership and accountability.
- A great communicator who synthesizes information quickly and brings others along.
- Good in stakeholder management.
- Naturally collaborative and makes things happen by working with and through others.
- Able to lead and inspire a team with diverse skill sets and roles.
- Able to drive results and inject urgency and “hustle” when needed.
- Credible with Board members and external investors.
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 10 years of experience in international HR management and change management
- WO degree or equivalent practical experience.
- A true connector to Senior Management, strongly involved in business strategy
- Structured and inspiring people manager, who challenges the team members
- Provide leadership to the team, help them grow and develop
- An independent and strong personality, a true leader
- Complex exposure, within a matrixed and fast-moving multinational
- A background operating as ideally the number one for HR, operating at Board level and managing senior stakeholder relationships.
- Solid background in generalist HR management and business partnering. In depth knowledge of the operations side of HR as well as talent & performance management and engagement.
- Design and delivery of business-wide HR strategies, restructuring and transformational change programs.
- Experience in reorganization and digital transformation or more in general in change management is required.
- Development and responsibility for an effective talent management strategy to support a highly distributed workforce to include talent attraction, onboarding and ongoing support to development and career
- Experience of recruiting, leading, and developing a high-performing team.
- Evidence of developing and driving a strong, positive performance culture and Values
- Experience in driving change in cooperation with unions and works council.
- Dutch and English fluent
The SR Group (Netherlands) B.V. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.