For our client, a young and vibrant company in the food industry with big dreams and awesome tasting treats we are looking for an equally great HR Generalist. Your focus will be on advising and supporting the store managers in the Netherlands and Belgium through store visits, completing audits, reviewing paperwork, facilitating communication, training and advising on matters of policy and compliance. Moreover, you will work closely with the International HR Director, assisting in the alignment and integration of HR policies and processes with operational needs, and ensuring compliance within the communities we operate. The HR Generalist will be an integral part of introducing new, innovative ways to deliver HR services with a strong focus on operational excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage HR matters, act as subject matter expert in areas including retention, employee relations, performance and payroll
- Provide administrative support for all elements of HR : employment contracts, employee confirmations, disciplinary notices, reporting, performance management, exit interviews
- Schedule and conduct orientation and other employee-related programs in a timely manner
- Coordinate and communicate employee transfers, promotions, departures
- Work with Operations to coordinate onboarding activities for new store openings
- Maintain employee database to ensure a data integrity and validity
- Monitor store compliance with all required postings such as labor laws and other governmentally mandated notifications
- Act as first point of contact for employees with feedback and questions
- Undertake analysis and reporting of key metrics on a regular and ad hoc basis
- Collaborate with the Finance Department to assist the Payroll team with the processing of employee payroll
- Coordinate relocations and expat administration (shadow payroll) in close collaboration with the Global Benefits team
- Support all elements of Talent Acquisition, including various recruitment activities as well as scheduling interviews for and with managers.
- Assist with ad-hoc HR projects
- Work closely with the companies outsourced HR and Recruitment partners
- Utilize knowledge of labour laws in the Netherlands and Belgium to serve as subject matter expert and provide guidance and support to all components of the organization
- 4 year college degree in Human Resources or related field
- 5+ years' experience working for an international company within a start-up environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with an emphasis on working cross functionally across the organization
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- French a preference
The SR Group (Netherlands) B.V. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.