New York, USA
10 months ago
Our client is seeking a Manager, Human Resources to join its Human Resources team. Based in New York City, this position offers an excellent opportunity in a dynamic environment for an individual with a "hands-on" approach to become an integral part of our human resources team. As part of a collaborative HR team, this HR Manager position provides HR expertise, knowledge and coaching to support and improve business strategies and initiatives, ensuring consistency in employment practices across all business groups in New York.
- Key relationship manager and business partner to assigned client groups; plan, direct and manage the human resource activities, operations and processes.
- Manage all aspects of performance management.
- Partner with hiring managers to meet staffing needs, including defining roles, recruiting strategy, participating in the interview process, and developing offers as needed.
- Compensation management, including; annual merit and bonus review cycles.
- Partner with business on succession planning and on talent management programs.
- Provide consultation and advice on a variety of employee relations, labor relations (union) and human resource issues.
- Assist management in the identification of learning and development needs.
- Manage the relocation process including international transfers and relocations as required.
- Maintain Workday from end to end. Ensure information is accurate, assist with new hires, transfers, compensation updates, costing allocations, etc.
- Function as a liaison between Benefits/Payroll/IT and employees, advising employees on eligibility, coverage and other matters.
- Initiate and/or support various programs and special projects as assigned.
Experience & Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, in a fast-paced environment, preferably as an HR Business Partner or Generalist.
- Proven experience in supporting a client group with emphasis on recruitment, employee relations, performance management and compensation.
- Strong relationship management skills with an emphasis on service delivery.
- Experience managing full-cycle recruitment.
- Experience with compensation administration.
- Advanced communication skills, written and verbal.
- Experience in a union environment a plus.
- Able to apply prior experience in a dynamic, global, matrix-style environment.
- Strong leadership and people skills with ability to influence decisions.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Self-motivated and accountable.
- Strong organizational skills -must be able to manage multiple tasks with an ability to prioritise.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and HRIS (Workday preferred).
- Works well in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment.
- High attention to detail.
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.