£60000 - £80000 per annum + good benefits
5 months ago
HR Manager, brand new role, Logistics based SME, £60,000- £80,000 Near Chelmsford, Essex.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Manager to join a business that has been steadily growing and is now looking at employing its first HR Manager
The purpose of the role is to fully set up the HR function, implement the HR strategy and focus on people development, partnering with key stakeholders and continually looking to improve the HR function to support the business for the future, implementing a long term strategy and projects around this.
- To set up the HR function from scratch, reviewing current policy and processes to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Design and implement key items such as employee learning and development, performance management, succession planning and appraisal programmes
- Coach, advise and support Managers with regards to all people matters
- Manage all employee relations including all disciplinaries and grievances
- Mange HR reporting, including employee turnover, employee engagement and workforce planning
- Be responsible for all recruitment and create job descriptions, be involved in all interviewing through to onboarding
- Create and implement a benefit and salary review process
- Recruit and line manage an HR Administrator
- Work on longer term strategic projects that will support the business with their growth plans for the future.
- You will have experience in setting up an HR function and implementing a people strategy.
- Ideally you will have worked in a SME in a stand alone HR Manager role previously
- Experience of leading a small team is highly desirable as is experience in a sector similar to or closely aligned with Logistics
- You will be a strong generalist HR professional, having had experience in all generalist areas of HR and be confident in your ability to deliver guidance and advice to the business.
- Experience working with senior leaders, you will have strong influencing skills, be organised and able to prioritise
- You will have a strong track record of implementation and execution of a number of strategic as well as transactional projects
- You will be CIPD qualified
Please note, on returning to the office post Covid, this role will be expected to have office presence 4 - 5 days per week and occasional travel to other sites around the UK may be required but would be minimal. This role would also be considered as a 4 day week opportunity.
If this role is of interest, please apply online to be considered
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.