Do you want to work as an HR Manager in Brussels - for one of the leading firms dedicated to delivering immigration services to companies around the world? Apply directly for this great opportunity!
This leading firm has more than 50 offices and over 4,000 staff and they provides services to many of the world's leading corporations. The company works with clients to facilitate the transfer of skilled employees into over 170 countries. The HR Manager for this firm will be part of the broader EMEA HR Team, which consists of 11 HR professionals who are based across the EMEA region. The role reports directly into the HR Director EMEA who is based in London and is at the same time accountable to the Partner in the Brussels' Office. It's a standalone role, based in Brussels (office less than 60 people) and is an excellent opportunity who wants to step up into a Manager, and gain valuable experience as the sole local HR contact. The successful candidate should have a proven track record of serving as a consultative advisor accountable to numerous stakeholders within the business both locally and globally.
You have the following tasks and responsibilities
You are responsible for day to day administrative tasks, as well as employee relations issues. You will facilitate and manage the smooth running of the office and in particular ensure that the company is compliant with all business, payroll and employment law considerations. This will include responsibility for all aspects of payroll, ensuring the compliant onboarding of new starters and transfers into the Brussels office, facilitating all employer obligations, keeping up to date with any changes to Belgium employment practices and updating our HRIS system (Workday) with the required information. This role will also involve training of staff, coaching managers and working closely with the Recruitment Team to bring on board the best talent.
Some other tasks are:
- EMEA HR Team alignment - active participant in the EMEA HR team to enable full understanding of all strategies, activities and initiatives and be accountable for delivery and articulation of these on a country basis;
- Administrative duties - preparing employment and termination agreements, onboarding new starters into Workday and the firm's payroll and insurance systems, conducting exit interviews and any other tasks in relation to starter and leaver processes;
- Payroll - accountable for monthly payroll data submission and validation and ensuring the requisite employer obligations in this regard are fulfilled;
- Responsible for updating Workday - including payrolls, absences etc.;
- Key contact for Brussels employee HR queries;
- Training - promoting learning and development within the office; conducting and organizing training, identifying training needs and leveraging the global HR network to provide appropriate training sessions;
- Compensation and benefits - working with the Partner, HR Director and Total Rewards to benchmark and ensure competitive practices;
- Accountable for the annual salary review process including close liaison with the Brussels' Partner, EMEA HR team and Total Rewards to ensure the activities align to the global corporate requirements
- Recruitment - working closely with internal EMEA Recruitment Team to identify and hire the best available talent, and ensure close involvement in the recruitment processes;
- Build and maintain relationships with local universities;
- Accountable for ad hoc tasks and projects when required under direction from the EMEA HR Director or Brussels Partner
- Wellness and Corporate Social Responsibility - maintain momentum on ensuring initiatives are in place and refreshed to keep the Brussels' practice active in these areas;
- Work on and manage other HR projects and strategies focused on Employee Engagement & Development;
- Coaching and advising managers on day to day employee issues.
- Minimum of five years of HR generalist experience (preferably in a global organization);
- Strong understanding of Belgium employment law, as well as experience in the Belgium recruitment market;
- A strong communicator (verbal and written) who is highly collaborative with exceptional relationship management skills;
- Able to work as part of the wider EMEA HR team, as well as autonomously;
- Must speak fluent French and English, Dutch would be advantageous;
- Location: Brussels.
Our client would like to take interviews as soon as possible, so apply today to avoid disappointments! Do you have any questions or would you like more information about the role please feel free to contact me.
Looking for another role in HR?
Is this role less suitable for you, but are you still interested in other HR positions? Send us a message or call us for more information and we are more than happy to help you!
The SR Group (Netherlands) B.V. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.