Our client, a leading international legal practice with a true global presence, is looking to bring on board a HR Manager or Senior HR Manager to join their Hong Kong business. The role will report into the Regional Head of HR and join a team of 9 HR professionals who support over 200 legal and support staff.
The key focus of the role will be to provide generalist support to the Hong Kong Corporate, Litigation and Arbitration practice groups, actively involved in all elements of the HR function and providing input and management of office wide initiatives and larger global projects. Working closely with Partners and PG Heads in a business partner capacity but as a generalist you will also need to be comfortable with the more operational/hands on aspect of the role.
The Diversity & Inclusion portfolio also sits within this role and provides the opportunity for the incumbent to collaborate with HR Managers and relevant diversity contacts throughout the Firm's network to support the delivery of an exciting and influential D&I strategy within the HK office.
To be considered for the role, you should already operate as a HR Manager or Senior HRM with Business Partner experience and have a strong track record working closely at partnership and senior management level with the ability to influence and guide around all aspects of HR. Experience within the legal sector or other partnership environment is crucial.
In particular you should have:
- Experience in holding difficult conversations &/or managing conflict in the workplace to deliver outcomes.
- Consultative nature, team player, enjoys collaborating with others.
- Good at understanding what drives behaviour, the dynamics of relationships in partnerships, an understanding of the machinations of a global firm - appreciating and able to work effectively within the complexities of that structure.
- Considered trustworthy, knowledgeable and empathetic by the business.
- Able to identify issues and escalate appropriately; applying a commercial approach with low risk exposure to the business.
- Organised and capable of prioritising. Experienced in delegating to other HR team members and providing development opportunities.
- Able to share knowledge and experience with junior team members - provide concise, clear instructions and directions; displaying leadership and mentoring skills.
- Solid understanding of policies, laws, and demonstrates flexible and appropriate application of these based on various scenarios. Confidence to advise partners and support heads on associated risks and shows confidence in discussing multiple scenarios and the risk profile for each one.
- Positive attitude, "can do" approach, with the ability to remain cool under pressure.
- An excellent track record in managing projects.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a top-tier international legal firm in Asia and work within a first class HR function.
The SR Group (Hong Kong) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.