HSE Advisor – 12 mth FTC
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of a range of Health and Safety initiatives and systems, ensuring the health and safety of employees, volunteers, contractors and visitors and to support business objectives and legislative requirements. This role requires a flexible and solution focused approach with the ability to balance competing demands and to coach and influence line managers and volunteer Unit Controllers to assist them to lead their area towards their goals.
The role will require travel to regional offices
SOME KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide expert advice and coaching on H&S issues in order to ensure compliance with Safety Management System, managing the Safegate system reporting, evaluating the risk and undertaking corrective actions as required to ensure regulatory requirements
- Participate in and provide expert advice to consultation committees and taskforces, reviewing vehicles and equipment from a WH&S perspective, ensuring that safety standards are met.
- Support H&S Manager to encourage safe behaviour and increase the application of H&S systems across the organisation.
- Facilitate & support staff and volunteers in ICAM investigations of hazards and incidents as required and monitor corrective actions in accordance with H&S requirements and Play Your Part Management Systems.
- Coach and monitor all the HSR’s across their region.
- Monitor and update the audit process as required to ensure adherence to standards and compliance with Play Your Part management system
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
Most importantly you will be a self motivated, experienced safety professional with natural communication and excellent soft skills.
You will have Tertiary qualifications in H&S and/or previous experience in a Health and Safety Advisor role. Experience in a dynamic and diverse multi-site environment will be helpful
You will have the ability to undertake audits, risk assessments and investigations, have sound written & oral communication and influencing skills including the ability to consult with internal and external stakeholders at all levels and deliver presentations.
Good computer skills – particularly the Microsoft Suite along with demonstrated experience in designing and delivery training and awareness sessions
A hybrid working model is on offer along with potential long term opportunities for the right candidate.
Please feel free to call Michele Beale on 0403210494 for a confidential discussion and send your CV via the link. Quote Job Reference PR/210308
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.frazerjones.com
Frazer Jones is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.