5 months ago
We have a fabulous opportunity for a HSE Advisor for a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
The position will be based in the south eastern suburbs where you will be responsible for promoting a safety-first culture for 3 seperate sites, each site has a different activity.
- Personally, role model leadership on Safety
- Provide advice and support to build line manager safety competence
- Apply Safety, Quality, and Process principles in all activities
- Provide expert health, safety and wellbeing advice and technical support to line management
- Understanding and interpret legislative compliance to WHS principles
- Engage with internal and external business partners to enable and drive health, safety and wellbeing
- Drive safety on site with the delivery and understanding of toolbox meetings and safety alerts
- Assist and co-ordinate operational tasks including incident investigations and risk assessments
- Delivering health and safety training programs
- Assist and co-ordinate investigation of any issues identified as a result of audits and day-to-day operational activities
- Ensure chemicals have been risk assessed and updated in Chem-watch
- Actively involved in all site New Project Development (NPD) projects, site construction and introduction of new plant and processes
- Conduct post incident, pre-employment and random Drug and Alcohol testing a require
Required Attributes for the Role
- Business acumen, understands key business drivers and the ability to identify key WHS priorities
- Strong logical and lateral thinking skills with a capacity for innovation
- Highly proactive, well developed project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Strong motivational skills with the capacity to positively influence people and to initiate and deliver change independently or through teamwork
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with particularly outstanding influencing skills
- Sound ability to flexibly and cooperatively work across multiple teams
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Document writing and development skills
- Ability to prepare detailed and practical reports and plans
- High level of competency in computer-based communication and information management tools (i.e. Riskware, Chemwatch, Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite)
For further information about this position please apply.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.frazerjones.com.au
Frazer Jones is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.