Our client, a leader in the publishing industry located in the heart of midtown Manhattan, is looking for a well rounded & dynamic HR Manager focusing primarily on employee relations, recruitment and projects. In this role, you will support a varied client group of creative & corporate employees with some occasional oversight of a unionized manufacturing site. A minimum of 6 years full generalist experience is required with deep expertise in employee relations (from basic complains to in depth investigations) & full life cycle recruitment. The ideal candidate will come from a larger organization known for best practices HR. Manages 1 direct report. Must have a dynamic, engaging approach (with a great sense of humor!) while providing best in class service to the client population. Stable track record with demonstrated tenure and track record of promotion strongly preferred. If this describes you we'd love to hear from you! Some additional highlights below, ref job ID#15213.
* Develop relationships of trust across the organization promoting a collaborative environment. Act as a sounding board to all staff providing advice and guidance.
* Assist the VP of Human Resources in driving key initiatives across departments, including employee relations, performance management, compensation planning, succession planning, staffing and employee communication.
* Oversee special projects, i.e. employee survey design and analysis; mandatory sexual harassment training.
* Manage and mentor HR staff.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Working knowledge, understanding and practical application of employment laws and HR practices.
* Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communications skills with the ability to distinguish the important from the urgent.
* Experience working with Google suite, Excel, Power Point.
* Hands on experience with HR systems such as ADP, Workday and/or other HR software applications.
* Experience handling matters of confidentiality with utmost tact and diplomacy.
* Experience in a union environment a plus.
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.