City of London, London
£85000 - £100000 per annum
about 2 months ago
This is an exciting opportunity to join a global recruiting team and partner with Reinsurance leaders to recruit top talent. The successful candidate will be based in their London, UK office and report to the Chief Human Resources Officer. The position is a 12 month contract with the view to convert to permanent.
Key responsibilities of this role are:
- Understand the Global Reinsurance business and talent strategy, consult with business and HR professionals on talent gaps and create and execute an effective and efficient sourcing strategy that delivers the best, most diverse talent to the firm
- Network with industry professionals, with a specific emphasis on developing relationships with top tier, diverse talent.
- Partner with Talent Management and business-based HR professionals to understand and address critical succession gaps and lead Talent Market Surveys to address those gaps. This includes managing external vendors, internal resources and ultimately presenting recommendations and action plans to senior leadership.
- Create and execute the end-to-end global recruiting process and sourcing strategies that result in better hires, faster, from needs identification to new hire's first day. This includes creating and executing the research and effective and efficient sourcing strategy, candidate development, referrals, stakeholder management, offer creation and negotiation.
- Create a diversity sourcing strategy for the Global Reinsurance business; this includes building strong external partnerships with diverse associations.
- Screen, evaluate and qualify candidates, including conducting in-depth candidate interviews to develop a deep understanding of candidate qualifications and competencies.
- Provide written candidate profiles and search status reports and provide counsel regarding the interview process as well as the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
- Partner with CHRO and HR partners, as appropriate, to ensure that the firm can attract the necessary talent for today and tomorrow. This includes Total Rewards, relocation, Employment Law and Talent Management.
- Select and manage global external search firm vendors, as needed. This includes identifying the "best" vendor, fee agreements and managing the firm throughout the entire recruiting process.
- Partner with HR leaders to assist with transition and onboarding for new executives.
- Provide substantive and competency-based feedback to all unsuccessful candidates.
- Ensure an exceptional hiring manager and candidate experience.
- Positively represent and differentiate the firm's employment brand in the talent marketplace.
- Develop and maintain relevant market intelligence and regularly sharing that intelligence with business leaders to inform optimal business and talent decisions.
- Maintain understanding of innovative recruitment tools, technologies and best practices.
- Mentor and assist in the development of other recruiters.
- Attend appropriate business line and HR staff meetings, as well as participate in recruiting, HR and Enterprise initiatives.
We're looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience leading recruiting for global companies and putting together comprehensive recruiting strategies to address diverse talent needs.
- Proven experience in insurance, actuarial, underwriting, reinsurance or corporate functional recruiting.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit diverse individuals and ability to negotiate and consult on total compensation packages (base, bonus, equity).
- Understanding of legal issues that impact recruiting activities, namely restrictive covenants.
- Ability to translate a business strategy into an actionable recruiting strategy.
- A global talent perspective and experience working in a highly matrixed environment.
- Exceptional communication (both written and verbal), influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with thorough attention to detail.
- Exceptional assessment and interviewing skills and a strong command of assessment and selection methodologies, instruments and processes.
- Strong business acumen with a thirst for business knowledge.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multi-task and make decisions in a business context.
- Ability to develop a "big picture" perspective and be a strategic thinker
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.