3 months ago
We are delighted to be supporting a global firm with the hiring of their new Operations & HR Director. Due to the urgency of the role we are open to considering candidates on either an interim basis/permanent or temp to perm conversion.
This is a dual responsibility role with the potential to make an impact on many operational activities positively for the employees of the organisation. The role will deputise for the COO on all operational matters and act as Human Resources strategic and reporting lead. This is a powerful combination of influence on the success of the business they are an entirely people based business. It is anticipated approximately 70% of time on Operations and 30% of time on HR however, this will flex as required and of course the two are inextricably linked.
- Assist the COO in the implementation of the company's strategic programmes and projects.
- Be responsive to the strategic plans of the business, flexing and adapting as required.
- The role will deputise for the COO with the objective of being in a position to provide a succession option for COO.
- Deliver excellent high quality services and business enabling support processes as we move forward to develop and transform the services we currently deliver for clients. Driving the internal transformation agenda - The Next Chapter to financial and operational stability.
Reporting & relationships
- Reports to COO and CEO when deputising
- Key relationships day to day with EXCOM & leadership teams; Group teams and Territory teams
- Reporting to the role will be the Heads of HR (x2) and (x3 Recruitment, Reporting & Payroll)
- Key working relationships with the Heads of all other CF's who remain reporting directly to the COO
- Key working relationships with the Operations Directors (x3) and Finance BP's
- The key to the role is building collaborative and engaged relationships with all internal teams in IT, Research, Marketing, Comms, Compliance and Finance to bring strong and dedicated project teams together and provide clear project direction setting, management and outcomes. Challenging convention, welcoming change and having a genuine desire to champion development and transformation to enable us to deliver consistently improving levels of performance at all levels / areas of the business is required. The ability to form trusted and positive working relationships with Group and Territory leaders and peers is key, so understanding the complexities of a matrix corporate structure within a regulated business is critical.
- Work with COO and CEO plus broader organisation to improve and shape operations and people related processes and procedures.
- Ensuring operations support the key objectives of the business and deliver effectiveness and efficiency of delivery and performance
- Third parties and supplier relationships, management
- Leadership of the HR function managing and leading the business to design and deliver the objectives required by the organisation and supports the organisation
- Lead / progress projects to support the expansion, transformation and ongoing operations of the business as scoped by the COO and CEO and leadership teams and the Group
- Structure and coordinate annual processes and cyclical events within operations and HR
- Lead and progress the regulatory change environment embedding processes and procedures utilising the resources in the specialist teams of Compliance and COT to enable Code of Conduct to be respected and progressed
- Work closely with the COO, FD Finance and leadership teams to define, align, fund, resource and implement operational plans against agreed KPIs.
- Plan and organise annual planning events like strategy days
- Attend and report to Excom meetings as required
- Significant and demonstrable experience and knowledge of professional services (fee earning & sales and Client services) businesses with a financial services/investment background
- Understanding and experience of leading the HR function, understanding of employee engagement and culture and the impact on operational success
- Lead HR and employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Establish policies that promote company culture, values and vision agreed with COO, CEO and EXCOM
- Create strategies to attract and retain the best talent, leading the HR specialist to support the business to deliver
- Appreciation of UK employment regulations (through mergers, contract positions, sales etc)
- Broad knowledge and clear understanding of a regulated type business
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.