Learning and Development Manager
£60,000 – £65,000
An exciting and brand new L&D Manager position has been created working for a 1000 employee (and still growing) business in the industry sector
This role is to set up the L&D function to compliment the already strong HR team and newly formed TA team.
The business works a hybrid model, office presence is around 3 days a week would be preferred in Peterborough, but offices also in London and Doncaster and this role would require a little bit of flexibility to travel across the UK at times.
You will design, lead and develop the L&D function, offering opportunity and development for employees to better themselves, grow and progress their careers.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Create a learning function, build a strategy and develop a mid to long term plan.
- Create the basics to start with, including e-courses, generic learning and programmes and then move onto more strategic learning programmes
- Working closely with other members of HR, TA and key Senior Manger stakeholders
- Understand the needs for L&D across the business, project plan and map a strategy to create a strong learning offering
- Design and deliver training programmes, virtual and face to face
- Work with the Managers in the business to understand gaps in learning and create career paths for employees at all levels
- Utilise the apprenticeship levy to develop an inhouse programme
- Focus on EDI initiatives
- Projects including LMS implementation, coaching and mentoring
- Experience of setting up an L&D function previously
- You will have worked for an SME, and maybe also a larger business and be familiar with scale up businesses and those going through transformation and change
- Experience of planning the L&D strategy and working closely with senior leaders, have a creative thinking mindset and be able to develop change and influence key stakeholders
- Ideally experience in the transport or industry sector
- Team management is highly desirable as the team will grow
- A confidence in written and spoken delivery and strong listening skills, as well as experience in various delivery styles
- You’ll have experience inspiring, influencing, developing talent and enjoy seeing the function grow and support the business
To be considered please apply online today!
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.