£55000 - £60000 per annum + car allowance, bonus and benefits
about 2 months ago
Learning and Development Business Partner. New function set up for PE backed, multi site retail SME business
Remote working, £55,000 - £60,000 + car, bonus, benefits
SME business in growth mode, predominantly based from home with very occasional multi-site UK wide travel. £55,000 - £65,000 with good benefits and bonus.
This is an exciting opportunity for a L&D professional to join a SME retail business with multi-sites across the UK.
The function of the role will be to set up the L&D offering and drive the strategy and plan forward to support with career development, succession planning, apprenticeship schemes, skill development and adding value to the business through learning and development.
The role can be based from anywhere in the UK as long as occasionally you are happy to travel to Head office in Crick, Northampton and visit sites UK wide ad-hoc if needed.
- You will be responsible for the creation and design, implementation and roll out of the L&D offering for the business.
- Managing your own L&D budget, you will partner internally and with external training organisations, look at implementation of psychometric tools and IT systems to support with the delivery
- Partnering with line managers and heads of, you will work closely to establish requirements for teams across the business and tailor training to specific needs to drive performance
- Create a talent and succession plan and process, so as able to identify top talent in the business
- Utilise the apprenticeship levy to create a programme for apprentices
- Support local sites with induction training for new starters
- Delivery of specific training, working with external stakeholders to deliver technical training
- Be able to deliver a blended approach to learning through various platforms
- Travel to sites when needed. Travel to head office from time to time (minimal travel needed)
- Be excited about change and development in the business, challenge the status quo and bring your ideas to the business.
Skills and Experience
- Ideally you will have created a L&D function in an SME, or been part of a team that has had a growth plan and rolled out new programmes
- Experience of talent development is key, this role is very much about partnering with teams in the business to get the best from employees and have a clear career path for them
- You ideally will have created apprenticeship programmes, career development programmes and able to support key stakeholders with career paths for all of the business
- Experience of rolling out programmes across a multi-site business, on various platforms. There will be some training involved but that isn't the biggest focus for this role.
- You will have experience partnering with external providers for specialist training
- You will be able to work autonomously, be an independent thinker but also work as part of a small team
- Experience of using psychometric testing highly desirable but not essential
- You will have strong senior stakeholder relationship building skills and be able to prioritise your workload.
- CIPD / L&D qualifications and you will regularly update your knowledge with new L&D focuses and trends.
- You will enjoy seeing the business and colleagues develop and grow through learning and development.
Please apply online to be considered
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.