New York, USA
US$100000 - US$120000 per annum + spot bonus, fully paid indiv. benefits
4 months ago
We're engaged on an exciting search for a Manager or Associate Director of People & Culture on a permanent basis. This engaging and dynamic role will be based in Midtown West, New York City, on a hybrid basis.
Our client, a prestigious, successful, and respected Public Relations firm known for its great culture and people has engaged us to help appoint their first Head of People & Culture. This individual will take on all People and Culture HR responsibilities with the exception of a focus on Payroll and Benefits (these are handled by a skilled operational lead) and serve as a crucial leader helping to identify opportunities to develop and nurture their talent, and provide coaching, career pathing, employee relations, and recruitment support across two offices in a firm under 50 people total headcount. With a focus on developing in their careers, and you will partner regularly with the firm's leadership to drive the vision for growing the organization as well as its people and building their innovative culture through their values of open and empathetic communication.
Responsibilities will include:
* Recruiting & hiring - hands on and with vendor relationships (low volume of requisitions, typically)
* Performance management - partner to define annual performance review process and goals; communicate expectations to the organization
* Compensation & incentives: negotiate packages of new hires and manage the merit process, communicate policies across benefits as needed
* Employee relations: develop orientation plans as well a formal on-boarding strategy and ensure successful integration of new hires into existing teams and culture. Provide guidance and a sounding board to employees when issues arise, while maintaining a strong understanding of employment practices and legalities,
* Serve as a trule culture keeper and nurturer managing all internal communications and establishing a regular cadence of company-wide meetings & offsites to educate and connect teams as well as recognize individual and group contributions to collective wins
Required attributes will include:
* 7 years of functional experience across the full spectrum of HR business partnership within a smaller, creative setting (PR, Advertising, Media etc) ideally in an environment where consulting or services are provided and a strong attention to client service is prized
* Understanding of how to operate and scale People & Culture programs across different geographies, with comfort around responsibility for the full employee lifecycle
* An affinity for recruitment and ability to be a brand ambassador.
* Ability to measurable impact and define accountability, and analyze performance based on clearly outlined metrics and defined expectations
* A rapport builder, known for gaining trust with people at all levels in an organization, who represents all employees fairly and empathetically.
~~Ability to be present in the NYC office (midtown west) 3 days per week in office with flexibility and autonomy to shape your schedule where needed.
If the above seems aligned to your skills and professional goals, we'd love to hear from you. Please apply, or if you have an existing relationship with a Frazer Jones recruiter, feel free to reach out to them directly and reference job code #SH207262 Thank you!
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.