- Supporting the payroll team during the full employee lifecycle processing employee payroll
- Gathering and preparing necessary information from/to third parties to process payroll and local tax returns
- Adhering to payroll compliance and audit requirements
- Assisting with gathering information and compiling reports required for processing month end payroll activities and reconciling year end payroll activities
- Generating reports and raising payments for e.g. HMRC returns and other third parties
- Maintain a document control filing process to comply with GDPR and statutory regulations
- Filing of monthly payroll
- Processing season ticket loans
- General payroll advice in line with policy for all entities and employee groups, but also legislation
- Creating payroll projections for those going on maternity leave to provide an indication of expected pay
- Updating required databases, including Taxable Expenditure (TES) database and Sage ensuring all file uploads are completed as required
- Maintaining awareness of most current HMRC and payroll legislation in terms of TAX, NI, SSP, SMP etc
- Responsible for the coordination between payroll and human resources, to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data
- Review and ensure accuracy of approved overtime claims
- Issuing payslips to leavers and all employees not in the office due to maternity or long term sick
- Maintain up to date and comprehensive guidance notes on using the payroll systems
- Participate in any projects to develop the payroll processes and system, taking a lead on identifying improvements and playing a key role in implementing any resultant changes.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- At least two years' experience of working in a payroll team in a similar organisation.
- Experience of working in a busy/high volume environment
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.