Job Title: Payroll and Benefits Advisor
Key task and responsibilities:
- Processing all elements of monthly Payroll with precise accuracy in a timely manner including joiners, leavers, salary/benefit changes, commissions, allowances, maternity/parental leave, sick pay etc.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of payroll reports prior to final approval
- Interface between internal teams, such as HR and Finance, and the external payroll and benefits providers to ensure company information needs are fully met in an effective manner.
- Maintain accurate employee benefit records.
- Assist employees with payroll and benefits questions and consult with appropriate vendors to resolve employee issues
- Responsible for the management of UK pensions in partnership with benefits provider
- Creates monthly reports for HR team and third party vendors
- Design and distribute easy, user-friendly communication materials for employees.
- Support the administration process for annual benefit renewals with the HR Manager.
- Support the annual HR process, including annual compensation reviews
- Assisting with compensation and reward benchmarking activities
- Responsible for the management of all Payroll and Benefits invoices
- Working in partnership with the HR Manager and HR Administrator to ensure the smooth running of the HR Operations, globally.
- Develop and maintain the payroll and benefits pipeline, to ensure a streamlined approach
- Be empowered to suggest ways in which document processes can be amended to ensure smarter ways of working are adhered to.
- Maintain confidentiality and operate with integrity in accordance with the GDPR and Company policies and procedures.
- Providing generalist HR support to the HR team across the full employee life cycle.
- Support HR team in ad-hoc HR projects
Key Required Skills/Competencies
- Strong payroll and benefits administration experience
- Working knowledge and understanding of UK Payroll and Benefits i.e. Issuing P45s, P60s and P11Ds
- Sound understanding of UK Pensions, Auto-enrolment
- Multi-payroll experience, ideally international (highly desirable)
- Experience in multi-payroll management, desirable
- Experience in managing third party vendor relationships, desirable
- Advance excel skills
- Appetite to develop a broader understanding of payroll and benefits.
- Shows the ability to work within a team and alone with one's own initiative.
- High level of tenacity and a 'can do' attitude; A strong thinker with an enquiring mind , prepared to challenge the status quo
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and escalate areas of inefficiencies and risk to the wider HR team
- Well balanced in terms of energy; possessing a sense of urgency to work at pace, with enough patience to complete tasks with a high attention to detail
- A methodical mind-set with strong attention to detail.
- Structured in approach but flexible enough to work in an ever changing environment, comfortable working with ambiguity.
- Strong analytical and problem solving mind-set, keeps abreast of payroll and benefits legislation
- Ability to take initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of decisions made.
- Degree preferred in HR or Business
- Payroll qualification (desirable)
English - fluent
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.