£30001 - £40000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Payroll & Benefits Specialist - £35,000 - £40,000 + Bonus & Benefits - Tilbury Essex.
Frazer Jones are delighted to be partnering with a growing engineering and building firm located in Tilbury Essex.
This position is a sole role requiring someone to come in and take full ownership of payroll & benefits for the firm, improving processes along the way.
Our client is offering hybrid working and has a requirement of 3 days per week in the office.
- Process the monthly payroll for 3 separate parts of the organisation across the UK in a timely and accurate manner (which involves both weekly and monthly payrolls)
- Undertake the end-to-end monthly payroll process from inputting the data into the HR system, reconciling the data, and producing reports for use by Finance
- Assist with the monthly balance sheet reconciliations together with the preparation of periodic payroll & pension analysis to identify and resolve issues, gaps or variances
- Process starters and leavers in line with company requirements and ensure removal from systems and company benefits
- Process, manage and proactively report on all absences (currently use 'Active Absence' system), which includes holidays and sickness absence
- Liaise with the business and the HR Business Partners to calculate deductions based on employee sickness and absence and calculate statutory payments e.g., SSP, SMP and SPP etc.
- Take a lead role in overseeing and managing the current company car fleet and proposing cost savings/efficiencies and improvements across the business as we seek to streamline and continually improve over time
- Liaise with external agencies such as HMRC, pension scheme providers and medical insurance providers, assisting to ensure accurate and timely payments are raised. This will also include managing annual renewals and monitoring claims
- Enrol new starters and administer all changes with regards to the relevant pension schemes, benefits in kind and ensure that the required paperwork is issued
- Take a lead role in implementing a new HR Information System (shortly to be introduced to the business) which will involve transitioning all excel data into a new 'fit for purpose' HR-specific system. The system will also include a new time and attendance feature, which will need managing.
- Phase 2 of the new HR system implementation will involve encouraging an employee self-service approach across the wider business to ensure the system is used to its full potential
- Strong UK Payroll exposure
- Strong Microsoft Office skills in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong communication skills.
- Good attention to detail
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.