Up to €45000 per annum
Fleur van Mourik
6 months ago
As the Country specific Payroll Supervisor will have overall responsibility for executing payroll in Continental Europe. The Paymaster primary focus is to perform this job as an individual contributor and will based in their Brussels office working in the Benefits team.
Task & responsibilities
- On-time 100% accurate monthly payroll for employees within their remit across multiple legal entities within their country
- Ensures that all statutory regulations and payments to third parties (including regulatory and taxing bodies) are in compliance with country law and advises Country Managers and Senior HR Business Partners on all tax matters related to payroll and benefit provisioning within their remit
- Ensures that Salary and Wages associated with all payroll and benefit related payments are accurate and properly posted to the correct General Ledger Accounts and ultimately to the P&L and Balance Sheets for multiple legal entities within the country of their remit.
- Works closely with the Country Financial Controllers
- Ensures robust operating procedures and controls are in place for all transactions that feed ultimately into payroll to ensure compliance to internal and external audit and regulatory bodies
- Execute and oversee on-time, accurate monthly payroll to all employees within remit
- Ensure timely, authorized input from a multitude of sources in a tight window to prepare and submit base salary, one time incentive, variable pay elements and life-change/benefit related actions to payroll vendor(s) in accordance with pay calendars. Review Net Salary calculations as part of pre-payroll validations
- Ensure that the PeopleSoft system of record matches related pay data. Run PeopleSoft HR queries. Review and resolve differences prior to pay. Release and validate employee payment files directly to banking partners within remit
- Ensure employee pay statements are accurate and distributed timely. Receive, research and respond to all employee related enquiries. Liaise with HR Business Partners, Benefit and Compensation Administration, EMEA Central Services and Global Variable Compensation Operations on all activities associated with Pay
- Meet all regulatory, tax, compliance, internal and external filings, third party payments and reporting requirements on a monthly and annual basis for all payroll and employee benefits for all legal entities and country within remit
- Ensure timely accurate reporting of all financials tied to payroll processing to include posting directly to the P&L for Salary and Wages and Balance Sheet accounts
- Assist Country Financial Controller in preparing financial statements and account reconcilements. Liaise with vendors and Finance to set-up or change all pay or benefit related elements
- Assist with Managing relationship with local payroll vendor(s) and country specific regulatory and accounting bodies to ensure compliance with all country and work force related laws within remit. Assist with Preparing vendor performance metrics. Escalate issues to Senior HR Operations Management
- Ensure robust operating procedures and document management practices are prepared, maintained and followed for all functions to comply with corporate policies, tax authorities, bank authorities and other statutory agencies within remit
- Support overall HR International Operations by cross training on a regular basis on country payrolls outside of remit. Provide back up support where necessary with direction from HR Operations Senior Management. Must willing to travel.
- Support Regional projects as directed by Head of International HR Operations.
- Support local HR Country Managers on ad hoc requests as approved by Head of International HR Operations. Prepare Monthly HR Management Dashboard on operational metrics and performance for Head of Global HR Operations and HR Chief Operating Officer. Assist in Leading Client Relationship meetings with country stakeholders in remit to review performance and track actionable items.
- +4 years of substantive payroll experience, (computerised and manual)
- Good excel skills, ideally a working knowledge of PeopleSoft, and ADP Streamline
- Experience of dealing with stock exercise queries and resolving issues relating to payment
- Comprehensive knowledge of Continental Europe requirements
- Experience of payroll in Luxembourg and France highly desirable
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment
- Strong English & French verbal and written language (Dutch is desirable)
- Good communicative skills; professional telephone manner with a pro-active, friendly and helpful manner is essential
- Able to work on own initiative to establish the cause of problems and resolve issues effectively
- Flexible and adaptable to embrace change
- Effective organization and planning skills; able to plan and priorities the workload efficiently and meet challenging deadlines
- Highly customer focused; excellent customer service skills
- Self-motivated to achieve individual and team objectives
- Identify and support continuous improvement opportunities (both system and procedural).
- Good attention to detail
- Challenging, fun and supportive environment
- 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
- Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
- Location: Brussels
The SR Group (Netherlands) B.V. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.