Payroll Processing Specialist
- Assist with the onboarding process.
- Review new hire, payroll, and termination documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Key information into HRIS database and maintain personnel database.
- Ensure all timecards are approved by the deadline.
- Process payroll for employees in the organization
- Report to department supervisor regarding daily activities and issues
- Communicate with store and district managers to resolve issues with payroll.
- Ensure the accuracy of Form I-9
- Prepare and maintain accurate employment records.
- Respond to external requests for basic employment verifications.
- Processing and maintaining employee attendance records.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of full cycle weekly payroll for 1200+ employee.
- Reconcile payroll records with approved timecards.
- Process wage garnishment and other deductions
- Ensure compliance with both internal payroll policies and external government requirements.
- Produce bi-weekly payroll.
- Run off-cycle payroll as needed.
- Track reported issues with payroll system and work with vendor to have corrected.
- Train managers and staff on correct use of payroll system
- Participate in month-end and year-end duties.
- Routinely assisting with matters of highly sensitive or confidential nature, while maintaining discretion
- Answers employees’ questions
- Preparation of various payroll and HR reports on an as needed basis
- Assist with various HR tasks as needed.
- Minimum three years of related payroll experience
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in business or accounting preferred.
- Experienced in payroll / HRIS software.
- Committed to payroll best practices.
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to payroll, ability to research.
- Exercise sound judgment and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to anticipate and prioritize work needs.
- Must have solid computer skills and must be proficient in MS Office, Excel
- Must be able to stay focused in an extremely active office.
- Ability to multiple tasks, highly organized and attention to detail required.
- Must have excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Physically able to work seated in front of a computer for long hours at a time.
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.