£26000 - £30000 per annum
12 months ago
My client a fantastic professional services company, based in Bedfordshire have an opportunity for a payroll team leader to join the business.
You will be responsible for managing a team, coupled with processing your own section of a high volume fast paced payroll.
Duties will include,
- Actively assist in the chasing of employees for missing paperwork/outstanding information to ensure that cut offs are met. Providing an escalation point, if the administrators are not able to achieve the deadlines required.
- Ensure that all keyed data is added to the checking box so that the payroll data can be checked by the Group Payroll Manager.
- Support and offer guidance in the processing of absences through use of the "Leave Planner" and ensure that the correct calculation of Statutory Sick Pay is applied.
- Check the accuracy of variable data when performing temporary element loads input for commissions, bonuses and overtime and ensuring that this is in line with the monthly timetable.
- Ensure that attachment of earnings orders are processed accurately through the payroll to ensure that the correct deductions are made from employees' salaries and paid over to the third parties in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring awareness of internal and external audit items that are raised when auditors have been in, to ensure that you are aware of any process changes or rules. This may require you to present information to your team, to ensure that they are up to date as well.
- Ensure that responses to references are provided accurately, appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Assist in the answering of general payroll queries by telephone, email and/or letter in a polite, professional and timely fashion and provide an escalation point for the queries that are more complicated or cannot be resolved by the administrators.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of PAYE and pension payments.
- Process RTI returns to HMRC on a monthly basis and ensure payments are made accurately and on time.
This is a great opportunity for a payroll supervisor looking for a new challenge or equally a senior payroll administrator to take the next step up.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.