South London, London
£75000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
27 days ago
This is an exciting opportunity for a commercial and passionate Head of People to join a creative technology brand with fantastic offices based in South London
My client is looking to recruit for a People Director with an exceptional background in generalist HR, change management and leadership to take our talent activities to the next level. Reporting into the Group CEO, our People Director will set our people strategy and ensure that all of our talent activities support the strategic direction of the business and drive towards attracting, developing and retaining top talent.
You will need to be comfortable with a hands-on role whilst developing and, through the Talent team, driving to execution the full spectrum of 'talent activities' including: talent attraction, on-boarding, talent development, reward and recognition, retention strategies, communication and engagement programmes, ER, policy development and implementation and the production of MI and analysis and reporting. You will also need to be comfortable with and capable of challenging the organisation and coming up with new ideas along the way.
My client will expect you to use your creative style and innovative approach to do things differently whilst keeping the culture and values alive. It is essential that you have a strong empathy for the organisation's corporate purpose and understand and buy into their proposition, their values… and have a great sense of humour!
Some of the key responsibilities in this great role include:
-Working closely with the Board, the Senior Management Team and the Talent Development Consultant and Talent Attraction Specialist, shape the organisation's Talent Attraction and Development Plans, leading the creation of the annual Talent Plan, which you will have overall responsibility for implementing through the team
- Act as a key member of the UK and Singapore Boards ensuring that people issues are represented and escalated appropriate, strategy is driven through across the business and the Board Members are held to account for their responsibilities to deliver the Talent agenda in their respective areas
- Oversee all talent attraction activities to ensure we are able to attract and hire the very best talent for the organisation.
- Manage and develop our on-boarding and induction activities to ensure our new joiners have a positive first impression and are quickly integrated into the business
- Work closely with the Talent Development Consultant to plan, develop and implement all talent development, training and career development activities across the business
- Lead the bi-annual performance review process, having responsibility for ensuring all employee Reviews are completed in a timely manner and employee Goals are relevant. Use BambooHR reports to identify employee concerns and work with the Senior Management team to address any issues
- Develop and lead on a range of activities to engage our talent and deliver our Employee Promise ensuring that employees feel recognised, valued, informed and engaged
- Manage and evolve the range of initiatives to receive ongoing feedback from the business including our bi-annual Employee Engagement Survey, employee catch-ups, and exit interviews feeding all insights back into the business and taking remedial action on identified concerns or problems
- Overall responsibility for the upkeep of all internal HR processes and ensuring legal compliance
- Overall responsibility for the upkeep and management of our "home", overseeing the Office Manage to ensure we provide a great environment for our employees and ensuring a well-functioning, and well-stocked office
- Overall responsibility for the management, performance, development, retention and motivation of the Talent and House teams
Qualifications, experience & skills:
- Must have HR qualification, including CIPD certification or equivalent;
- Must have commercial experience working as an HR Director/Head of HR/Senior HRBP in a similar role with responsibility for the oversight and implementation of a broad range of HR and recruitment activities, and experience operating on a Board with a Senior Leadership team
- Must be highly skilled and comfortable with all aspects of generalist HR including employee relations, learning and development, talent development, talent engagement, compensation and benefits and recruitment
- Working in a small to mid-size agency environment beneficial
Your personal qualities:
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills necessary to build trust and respect both externally and internally;
- Must possess strong influencing skills and be confident in the calibre of advice you give to senior managers;
- High-quality service ethic and committed to customer service excellence;
- Must be a proactive, creative individual who is results-driven and confident in their ability to build trust and respect with colleagues;
- Ability to manage many urgent and often conflicting priorities;
- Strong 'can do' attitude with an innate ability to take initiative and work by yourself as well as in a team;
- Flexibility and team-focused, non-hierarchical approach with a 'roll up your sleeves' attitude to getting the job done; and
- A great sense of humour and fun!
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.