We are now seeking a maternity cover for 6 months for a People Generalist/Business Partner role in the Barcelona office to assist our EMEA People Team in a professional, fast-paced and energetic environment.
Through this position, you will have the opportunity to partner with our team to gain experience in a department focused on best practices and extraordinary service levels.
Reporting to the EMEA Director People Business Partner in London, this position will collaborate to:
- Provide effective business partner support to business managers and general employees at the Barcelona office covering all aspects of the employee life cycle,
- Recruitment planning with the Recruitment team and hiring managers and on-boarding of new starters. Assist with applications of Spanish working permit (NIE) as and when required. Arrange the buddy program for all new starters.
- Handle and provide support on performance management and other employee relation issues and partner with regional stakeholders as needed.
- Timely tracking and management of probationary periods, onboarding and absence management and off-boarding in accordance with Spanish statutory requirements.
- Manage all the Flexible Working requests from employees in accordance with the prevailing guidelines (Hot Desking and Desplazamiento).
- Ensure overtime and payroll transactions processed promptly on a monthly basis together with the EMEA Payroll team and the US Compensation team.
- Manage and coordinate special projects as required, including statutory compliance programs (e.g. Disability Quota and Gender Equality) and those related to engagement, the development, and implementation of global People policies, tools, and practices.
- Coordinate employee transfers in association with the Global Mobility team, from visa applications and the right to work procedures to monitor the immigration status of employees with restricted eligibility to work.
- Manage documentation for staff movements and update the People systems promptly.
- Proven prior experience in a similar capacity of not less than 5 years.
- Excellent working knowledge on Spanish employment law.
- Solid experience in handling employee relations issues is a must.
- Work independently with solid problem-solving and analytical skills, the ability to multi-task and facilitate resolution of sensitive and/or difficult employee-related issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced international environment with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Proactive in offering ideas, solutions and embrace challenges.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Excellent command of English and Spanish is mandatory.
- Degree level education in Human Resources Management or relevant field.
This is an excellent opportunity for any individual who wishes to pursue a career in human resources within an international environment, with one of the world's largest and most successful business news and information publishing groups.
The SR Group Italy SRL. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.