US$85000 - US$90000 per annum
4 months ago
*CAD $ 105,000 - CAD $ 114,000 *
Our Client is seeking an effective and collaborative individual to join the Global People Team as a People Partner with a focus in Canada and the Americas as needed.
What You're Good At
- In this role you will be the main contact for employees and people managers, supporting as needed in the US, and liaising with the global people partner team.
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the wider Global People Team members to execute programs, processes and standardization that allows for a seamless employee experience to include onboarding/full employee life cycle, wellbeing, talent mapping, performance reviews, succession planning, and employee engagement.
- Advise on US policy and employee relations issues including proactively escalating and/or resolving, successfully leading/closing investigations, following legal compliance, best practices and liaising with HRBPs.
- Oversee Occupational Health & Safety/WorkSafe guidelines, understand local mandatory reporting requirements, ensure they are scheduled/completed timely.
- Provide local benefits administration/insights and management in collaboration with the HR/Benefits Team. e.g., benefit brokers, etc. as needed.
- Administer and understand the complexities/differences across the US as it pertains to annual leave entitlement, maternity & family leave requirements.
- Utilizing metrics to drive key insights and decisions that support growth and retention to drive strategic growth of the business.
- Partner with the payroll team to maintain payroll administration, understanding payroll cutoff dates, escalating inquiries, processing employee status changes, as needed.
- Manage the offboarding process, notifying key stakeholders, conducting exit interviews and conducting trend analysis.
- Work in collaboration with L&D to facilitate training, organizing diaries, booking venues, sending out key communications as required.
- Support and champion local ERG teams and employee engagement initiatives.
- Manage and maintain trackers and documentation - to ensure contract renewals are productively executed.
- Run reports and maintain employment records.
- 5+ years' experience in Human Resources preferred.
- Human Resources related Diploma, Degree, and/or Certification preferred.
- Fluent in English and French - verbal and written
- Proven HR Generalist experience within a complex, commercially driven matrixed organization; tech sector is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of HR processes and practices within countries of support.
- Strong client relationship management and consulting skills with the ability to quickly foster strong, effective and trusted relationships and networks.
- Capable of flexing solutions to changing demands: anticipating the local, regional, global impact.
- Confident and pragmatic approach and be able to escalate and support as appropriate.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, act with discretion and diplomacy.
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team.
- Ability to think critically, logically and analytically.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems e.g. Workday, basic HR measurement, and process improvement techniques.
- Proficient in MS Office e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint and/or Google Workspace e.g., Sheets, Doc, Presentation.
- Must be legally able to work in Canada and located in travel proximity to our Montreal office.
If you're interested in this opportunity, please apply and reference ID# FSPR/206811. If you're already acquainted with our firm and working with one of our recruiting consultants, please contact that individual directly to discuss this opportunity referencing job # FSPR/206811. Otherwise, we look forward to receiving your application. Please note that our client will not provide visa sponsorship nor relocation for this role.
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.