People Partner – French
People Partner – French Speaking – £60,000 – Hybrid 1 day a week in the office – London
An exciting opportunity to join a fantastic designer brand as the People Partner for their French and Spanish retail population. This is a fantastic opportunity to really make a generalist HR role your own and grow it to something strategic on an international scale. It really is down to you how you want to evolve the role.
There is a small must have for this role and that is the ability to speak fluent French, or have very strong knowledge of French labour laws and legislations.
Our Mission is to build a successful company through the creation of a leading designer brand. By conducting ourselves in an efficient and courteous manner and by maintaining high standards and integrity, we pride ourselves in always being in a position to satisfy the needs of our customer.
Where does this role fit within the Team?
Consulting with business leaders and People team colleagues, to implement the people agenda and build great talent, culture and leadership. They work with the People Partner Lead as well as the wider People Team in executing the People Strategy, to develop and implement people management practices and support organisational change. They are a champion for creating an excellent team member experience and are an escalation point for complex HR issues.
This role will predominately be supporting our international teams across Europe
* Working closely with, listening to and understanding the needs and priorities of their business areas.
* Are the ‘voice of their business areas’ within the wider People Team.
* Has ultimate accountability for HR for their business areas. Develops strong business relationships and acts as an HR consultant to ensure success.
* Is the escalation point to unblock people issues and obstacles affecting business performance
* Ensures line managers and employees are educated as required on the correct HR processes and contacting the right team for support.
* Analysing insight provided by People Operations. Using the data to inform the people strategy and plan for their business areas, implement actions and ensure fit for purpose and cost-effective solutions.
* Works with the People team’s subject matter experts to ensure an exceptional service is delivered to the business.
* Works as a Coach to managers. Has regular 121 sessions to build relationships and support with any people related challenges. Challenges and supports – asking the right questions to improve performance.
* Delivers training on people related issues as required.
* Supports line managers in management of absence situations (including capability and parental leave).
* Carries out organisational design for their area and leads organisational change to ensure structures are fit for purpose and able to effectively deliver for the business.
* Appropriately facilitating and enabling resourcing/budget discussions that allow alignment of planned HR initiatives and deployment.
* Supporting recruitment for critical roles or key talent to ensure roles are filled to the highest standard.
* Acting as the performance improvement driver, challenge the status quo and is an advocate of positive changes in people management. Ensure the execution of performance management requirements for their area.
* Design succession plans for top talent and key job positions and work with managers to ensure they are pipelining talent internally and externally.
* Check in with line manager new starters during their onboarding and probationary period.
* Understand the engagement results for the business areas and use the insight to inform key people initiatives to ultimately improve engagement.
* Participates in ad hoc projects as and when required.
Tools of the Trade…
* Extensive HR experience in Europe, particularly France and Spain
* Strong commercial acumen.
* Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks and requirements.
* An in-depth knowledge of current employment law and legislation.
* Knowledge of HR and Payroll software with ability to analyse data to inform people decisions.
* International Retail HR experience across multi-sites
* French, German and Spanish speaking
* Coaching / mediation certificate
* University degree or relevant professional qualification at graduate or diploma level.
* Confidential and trustworthy.
* Ability to communicate effectively and adapt style
* A strong influencer, comfortable at challenging senior leaders.
* Can explain complex plans or processes in a simple and concise manner.
* Ability to identify key data sources and utilise data driven insights to effectively improve business decisions.
* Makes confident, clear decisions based on sound judgement.
* Dedicated to the success of peers and demonstrated willingness to train/mentor.
* Ability to build long-term, trusting relationships and work well across functions
* Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
* Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and have strong organisational skills.
* Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures.
* Proven capacity to manage changing priorities and ambiguity while remaining calm and controlled.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.