To build and maintain strong, credible and visible relationships with business stakeholders and be viewed as a trusted advisor;
* Liaise and communicate effectively with fellow HR business partners and other members of the HR team, working collaboratively and transparently, to deliver a seamless and high quality HR service to the business;
* Work with the ER team to deliver timely, robust and commercial solutions to any ongoing or arising ER issues and to ensure that policies and processes are consistently and fairly applied across all practice streams;
* Work with the Recruitment team to ensure that all recruitment activity is delivered in a timely and well organised way, and that hiring managers are kept fully informed as to their input as required and ongoing progress;
* To demonstrate strong commercial awareness, with the ability to identify critical business issues and to anticipate the people management interventions required to address them;
* To work in conjunction with the wider team to influence and shape organisational, structural and behavioural change within the business units, to identify obstacles to change and to develop solutions;
* To lead the development of the People Plan activity for each business unit ensuring they are aligned with overall HR strategy and business priorities.
* To manage and coach stakeholders where necessary to drive effective performance management (both high performance and underperformance) and retention of key talent across the business;
* To role model and be an advocate for the business, our culture and values and to hold others to account to do the same.
Strong interpersonal skills - ability to work well with others and effective at building and sustaining strong relationships with business stakeholders at all levels;
* Resourceful, decisive and proactive. Innovative and change adaptive. Leads by example in supporting change. Results orientated, with excellent organisational skills;
* Strong influence and impact combined with excellent communication skills (written and verbal) - must be able to communicate, partner with and present information to members of senior management;
* Good attention to detail and strong follow up skills;
* Ability to deal well with unusual or unexpected issues;
* Strong coaching skills and the ability to adapt their style to different individuals/situations.
The successful Senior HR Manager will have the required gravitas and strength of character to build relationships and develop a commercial understanding of the business in order to advise, influence (and where necessary, coach) senior stakeholders:
- Experienced across the full range of generalist HR duties at a senior level whilst being prepared to roll sleeves up and get involved to ensure a high touch service. Will take responsibility for excellent service delivery from self and team;
- Will be proactive in driving, communicating and implementing reward, talent, performance management and resourcing activities across the business.
- By working closely with fellow HR team members and senior stakeholders, the role holder will build consistency around existing processes (while recognising the requirement to be flexible to business need) and will take ownership of delivering the HR strategy from a risk perspective;
- Will lead the development of the People Plan for each business unit and be supportive and pragmatic in the execution of these plans.
* Ideally educated to degree level or relevant professional qualification e.g. CIPD;
* Experience of working within professional services ideal but not essential;
* Previous exposure to employee relations issues and good judgment in terms of when to escalate to ER team;
* Proven experience of developing strong relationships with senior stakeholders to implement change and new ways of working;
* Comfortable with systems with an ability to plan and make commercially based recommendations based on MI.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.