Senior Human Resources Manager
I’m excited to be partering exclusively with my top-15 world publishing client, to hire a Senior Human Resources Manager to join their small but mighty HR Department on a hybrid basis (Office based in Holborn)
My client has established a reputation as one of the most forward-thinking and progressive publishers in the industry. The first publisher to announce flexible hours and flexible working and, as part of its Inclusion & Representation Action plan has announced policies including the trade’s first pregnancy-loss policy, a menopause policy and equal family leave for all parents. That’s impressive!
This is a truly exciting opportunity for a HR Professional that is looking to diversify their industry experience or a true generalist, looking for the next step in their career.
With 300 UK employees and 150 based in London this hybrid working opportunity allows for creativity, challenge and flexibility. Reporting to a passionate HR Director you will be surrounded by inspiring leaders.
Working closely with the HR Director and wider head of Departments, typical office days Tuesday & Thursday/Friday you can feel the collaboration as soon as you step foot in to the beautiful offices!
What will you be doing?
- Manage the complete employee lifecycle and ensure the employee experience at is professionally managed and supported
- Provide guidance and support on all people practices including recruitment, onboarding, payroll and benefits, training, and succession planning
- Develop key stakeholder relationships across the business to discuss people challenges and recommend solutions
- Support the HR Director by bringing people expertise and experience to support teams, and enable each business area to deliver its strategy
- Support the HR Director with the implementation of inclusion and representation initiatives across the UK business
- Build relationships with people across the wider the business and act as a key point of people expertise for staff and teams
- Recruitment & Onboarding – Manage the recruitment and onboarding process within the company’s HR system (Workday) and work in partnership with hiring managers to ensure new employees are fully integrated into the company
- Career development and Training – Manage the in-house training programme and inspire new ways for staff to learn and develop
- HR Systems and Payroll – Manage the monthly payroll in partnership with the finance team
Who are you?
- A true HR Generalist with hands on operational experience in a Small-medium size organisation
- Able to demonstrate experience in delivering work which values people and supports the wellbeing and success of a business and its people
- Ability to work proactively and effectively across all teams to deliver on goals and make recommendations to the HR Director
- Ability to demonstrate working with integrity and using knowledge to inform recommendations
- An incredible relationship builder
- CIPD Qualified
- Pragmatic and lean approach to getting things done and an ability to prioritise
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.