This leading law firm is looking for a Senior Talent & Development Manager to join the business. Forming part of a wider Talent & Development team this is a varied and broad role reporting into the Head of T&D. The business is looking for a solid T&D specialist who can design and deliver into the senior partnership population offering a commercial development offering.
This role will see you working closely with the business to define training needs and the content of core programmes and to propose and agree overall approach to support development globally. You will project manage the delivery of programmes, and manage the relationship with relevant members of the Training team to ensure the effective organisation, delivery and follow up of all programmes. You will ensure that programmes have defined learning objectives, that the style and structure of sessions and the flow of learning appropriately meets these, that programmes employ up to date and effective techniques including e-learning and that a blended approach maximises learning. You will design and deliver sessions and build and manage relationships across the global network with key stakeholders and line colleagues to ensure that needs are understood and to cover key information on learning, programmes and new developments. This is to build an understanding of how learning supports development in a broader context and ensure training is delivering high quality skill development.
The business is looking to meet with candidates who have previous T&D experience and a track record of working to design and implement successful development programmes and be experienced in delivering skills training programmes. Of particular interest is experience within the professional services sector (including law firms). Candidates need to be client focused and demonstrate understanding of the business context including aligning training to business priorities and strategy. They need to be credible with senior management and adept at managing a range of stakeholders.
Essential experience includes
- Designing and implementing skills programmes and implementing changes to existing programmes
- Experienced trainer and facilitator who can deliver a range of skills programmes / sessions to support staff and
- Working at all levels within the organisation and managing different expectations
- Negotiation and influencing skills, good communicator
- Ability to build credibility and have impact at a senior level
- Attention to detail
- Managing several different projects at any one time
- Experience of presenting to and facilitating groups
- Ideally trained to use psychometrics such as MBTI
- Build strong relationships internally and with external providers
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.