Overall purpose of role
The Subject Access Advisor role can incorporate a number of responsibilities including;
- To manage, oversee, track and complete all HR Subject Access Requests in line with the GDPR Regulations
- To continually maintain a high level of personal awareness in the data protection legislation.
- To manage all requests for staff data held not only on HR owned systems but held within other systems within the organisation ensuring compliance with the GDPR Regulations and associated regulation where applicable.
- To develop, implement and maintain DP procedures in order to increase awareness enforce adherence and ensure procedures reflect current legislation.
- To support with ad hoc investigations for legal, Litigation and various Special Investigation teams.
- Ensuring daily, weekly and monthly sign off of all operational controls and checks and that the correct level of governance is applied to all aspects of the service.
- Ensuring service compliance according to policy, legislative and governance directive, providing advice and guidance to operation, customer base and third party providers.
- Support with any Project activity aligned to the UK and Ireland SAR process.
The job holder will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of SARS in accordance with the GDPR for the UK and Ireland. This will include
- Manage the accurate processing of SARs within the GDPR legal timeframes.
- Liaising with Legal, Litigation and ER to ensure SAR responses are compliant and efficiently processed.
- Managing the data request workflow - prioritising work as required in order responding to urgent requests.
- Pro-actively address queries and complaints, including the identification and resolution of data quality issues and liaise with the business to resolve issues.
- Investigate in a timely manner any complaints from BU or the ICO and ensure the appropriate escalation.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with appropriate key contacts within the business e.g. Head of Legal, Litigation, Various Special Investigation teams.
- Produce monthly analysis MI of SAR & data requests measuring team data request delivery and compliance with the process and to prevent complaints from the Information Commissioner.
- Interpreting legislation, policy and data to ensure process is compliant.
- Undertake appropriate controls throughout the process.
- Working with Risk & Governance Manager to review and update SAR procedures to enable best working practices and consistency across Barclays, to reflect current legislation.
- Maintain an escalation route from BSS and provide guidance on all DP/SAR queries.
- Identify ways to improve the SARs process
- Ensure Risk Events are raised where appropriate and issues are closed down effectively and within a timely manner.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.