Our client is a well known construction organisation where safety is integral to the way they undertake their duties.
The purpose of this position is to provide practical safety leadership to this large-scale construction business. You will also assist in the implementation of safety compliance solutions, process improvement and behavioural improvement programs. This position is not for an average performer - it offers daily variety and challenges with the scope to make a direct and expected contribution to the company's performance nationally.
- Liaise with OH&S Team to develop, implement and maintain systems designed to prevent workplace injury.
- Provide WHS advice and support to Sites, Coach and Lead Team.
- To lead and manage the operation of the WHS department to ensure that it remains customer focused and functions effectively.
- Maintain site safety data and statistics in an orderly and secure fashion.
- Continually look at improving and driving the safety agenda.
To be successful you will need to have:
- Tertiary qualification in relevant Health and Safety discipline
- Advanced/expert skills in the Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
- At least ten (10) years successful experience within a safety related role, within the construction environment.
Demonstrated ability to work independently, self-organise, organise others, and prioritise demands.
Demonstrated ability to handle multiple complex tasks and manage deadlines in a busy environment.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to advise and apply statutory obligations in respect to OH&S local legislation.
- Behavioural Safety Experience in the development and application of training plans
- Ability to build strong relationship with local authorities and various stakeholders.
From a personal perspective, our client is looking for someone who is a self-starter with a strong sense of initiative. Also looking for someone who is down-to-earth, easy going, possesses a sense of team and thrives working in a changing environment.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Michele Beale on (03) 8610 8450 or e-mail email@example.com. For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.frazerjones.com.au